✞Day 1✞ A boyfriend's job

Okay, I admit I didn't sleep well after summoning Frank. No, not because of a weird bad energy or something - I bet he wasn't even in the room by the way -, it's simply because I was anxious about today. I may or may not have created a million theories about what can happen today.

When I woke up, Frank wasn't anywhere to be seen, but I found him in the corner of the room after I exited the bathroom. We exchanged a few words after he commented about how tired I looked.

Later, I arrived at school and was immediately greeted by Brendon. He did seem surprised at how calm and confident I seemed - still, half of me was internally screaming and I was just too tired to show it physically.

Now, I'm mentally praying - how ironic, huh - for Frank to be right there outside the gates when Brendon and I cross it. The both of us, now, make our way through the halls to exit the building.

"And this guy," Brendon says with a lazy smirk, still not believing I really bot a boyfriend. He's right, tho. "will forget you again after, like, two days?" Not bothering to answer, I simply ignore him. This, however doesn't seem to discourage the male. "What was his reaction when he asked you to be your fake boyfriend? Oh, oh," His grin widens, "I forgot to ask you. Do you prefer Italian or Chinese food?"

We step out of the building and I fixate my eyes on outside the gates, trying to see if Frank's there somewhere between the other students.

"I prefer you to shut your mouth." I tell Brendon. He's already used to my snaps, so he just gets more entertained by this.

"You're free everyday after school, right? I was thinking about going out at seven. I can pick you up, you just need to decide the place and well done." He smiles widely. I scoff at him, stopping to walk and looking around, looking for Frank. Seeing this, Brendon pretends to also look around; a judging and victorious look over his face. "See, he doesn't exist."

I can't help but to feel a bit worried when not finding the demon here. My eyebrows furrow in desperation, "Of course he-"

"(Y/n)!" My name being called attracts both of our attentions and we turn to the direction it came from. There, Frank leans against a black Corvette with a smug smile on. He waves at me and I slowly blink as trying to process it.

Where did the car come from? Duh, he's a demon, that's okay. But did he really need to attract that much of attention? As walking towards him, I make a mental note to specify all my requests from now on. Glancing at Brendon, I can see his chin falling incredulously before he snaps out of daze and follows me.

"Hey, baby doll." He says hugging me and I mentally cringe at the nickname, forcing a smile as I tap his back. He pulls away, but keeps an arm around me.

"Hi..." I say a bit awkward, "This is Brendon." I extend a hand towards Brendon, "Brendon, Frank." I nod towards the demon and turn to Brendon, watching his widened eyes flickering from me to Frank repeatedly. Frank, himself, looks at him calmly through his sunglasses. During the small moment of silence; I can notice people looking at us and whispering to themselves, some of them even stare. Fuck, did Frank really need to show off?

"So," Brendon speaks up, finally recomposing. "for how long have you been together?" I can clearly notice he's kind of forcing himself to remember Frank may not be my real boyfriend since he probably assumes now he's got no chance with me after seeing Frank's 'rich'. Little he knows... Honestly, seeing him like this makes me feel a bit bad.

"Some months." Frank answers casually, in contrast with practically everyone around.

Brendon is about to say something else when I speak up first, wanting the moment to finish quickly and get away from here as soon as possible. "Uh, I'm sorry, Brendon, but we gotta go now." I turn to Frank and send him a small glare. I'm not sure if he noticed it tho, I couldn't see his eyes through the sunglasses. He tries to argue, but I insist and he finally gives up.