Chapter One

Harry's POV

This morning when I woke up, I checked the clock only to realize that I've slept in! I quickly sprang out of bed and buttoned up my crinkled robes. I ran down the stairs, across the common room, and though many hallways to the Great Hall.

I was running down a hallway, one very close to the great Hall, when I turned my head and ran straight into none other than Draco Malfoy.

We clashed into each other and tumbled to the ground while all of our things flew through the air. My glasses rolled off of my head and onto the floor next to me. Then I felt something heavy crash on-top of me. Malfoy had fallen onto me.

I was pinned to the ground by my arch nemesis, Malfoy. For a split second, we were stuck there almost frozen. I couldn't see well without my glasses but I could see his peircing silver eyes looking down at me and his glowing platinum blonde hair gelled back.

"POTTER!" Malfoy yelled as he scrambled to get up and gather his things "What are you doing?" He glared at me menacingly as I put my glasses back on "I-uh-er-" I started but I was cut off by Malfoy "Watch where you're going Potter," he now was staring directly at me "I won't be this nice next time" and with that Malfoy power walked to the great Hall.

Draco's POV

I quickly walked away from Potter into the great Hall. I walked over to the Syltherin table and sat down in my usual spot. I watched as Potter walked in and sneered at him when he looked at me. He sat down with Ron and Hermione as per usual.

After breakfast we went down to the dungeons for potions class. I sat with the Syltherins, and then I remembered,

We have class with the Gryffindors.

Snape started class by assigning partners. I sat there waiting to hear my name. He went through the list, he called Crabbe, called Goyle, until everyone's name had been called except for me and...

Potter.

I shuddered at the fact that I would have to be his partner for the whole year.

"The final pair is Draco, and Potter. Everyone please adjust your seating accordingly." Snape said and everyone got up and began picking new seats.

I walked over to the table Potter was sitting at with a scowl on my face. He didn't seem too happy about this arrangement either. I moved my chair as far as I could from him while still being at the same table.

This is going to be a long year.

Harry's POV

I didn't like the idea of being Malfoy's partner. I know I'm not very good at potions and once he's sees that, he'll make fun of me if I do something wrong. I'll have to be careful not to say anything that would even mildly upset him, for he was snape's favorite.

I watched him sit down beside me, as far away as he could, looking the most miserable I've ever seen him be. I looked over at him and he glared at me so hard, I though his stare would burn a hole through me.

This is going to be a long year.

***
After class, Ron, Hermione, and I were walking back to the Gryffindor dorms together. I noticed as we walked, that they seemed to be standing a little closer than usual. They were having some kind of argument like an old married couple like they always do, so there I am third wheeling again.

We got to the common room and I started a game of wizard chess with Ron. We played about 5 games (4 of which I won) before we decided to call it a night and head to bed.

***

So that's the end of chapter one! Sorry it's so short guys, I'm still working out how I'm going to get to the main plot of the story. Let me know what you guys think in the comments!
Love ya!