Chapter Two

Harry's POV

Today I woke up feeling rebellious. I went to breakfast with my friends like usual, but once we got back to our dorms to get stuff for potions, I pulled Ron aside "Hey Ron, want to skip potions with me?" He raised his left eyebrow at me, like something Hermione would do.

"I dunno Harry, Hermione would be pretty mad" I looked at him in disbelief "Does it really matter what she thinks? Come on its just one class" I put the palms of my hands together as if I was begging him.

"Ok, fine." Ron says reluctantly "but only this once." I do a little victory dance and slaps me on the head as if to say 'stop you're embarrassing yourself' and we head outside to find a place to sit.

***

Draco's POV

I arrived at potions class dreading what lay's ahead, But to my surprise Potter didn't show up. Maybe he's scared. I snickered to myself, he should be.

The class carried on as it normally would, and I had to do the potions by myself instead of with a partner which in my opinion, since I'm with Potter, is better.

Class ended and still no sign of Potter. I hate him, but I can't help but wonder where he was...

***

Harry's POV

Ron and I found a bench outside when we were supposed to be going to potions class. We settled down on it and set our things on the ground near our feet.

Ron and I talked for probably about a quarter of the class time. Eventually, we got bored.

"Harry, why did you want to skip class today" He asked out of no where "is it because Malfoy is your partner?" I looked at Ron and answered with a simple "no" and a "follow me" shortly after. I stood up and motioned with my hand that he should follow me. He did just that.

We wandered through the empty halls of our school, until finally we reached the room of requirement. "Why did we come here?" Ron asks as we enter the room.

"I want to try something" I reply as I pull out a few chairs to sit in "I've been practicing for a while" I say "but I haven't had the chance to try it out yet." I had all of the preparations ready and just hadn't had the time.

"What are you trying" Ron now looked concerned, he hoped it wasn't something bad.

"I'm going to become an animagus" I say proudly, still fumbling with my papers. Ron's jaw dropped "Are you crazy?" He said as he flopped down in one of the chairs, still holding his shocked facial expression. "Maybe" I respond with a smirk.

I have no idea what animal I'm going to be, or if it will even work. And if it does work, will I be able to change back? It's all coming down to this moment.

"I've been preparing for this day for quite a while now, and I've done all of the things needed to complete the transformation" I say as I start to concentrate.

"Why do you want to do this?" Ron asks suddenly. I respond with "I've been studying this kind of magic for a while now and I think it would be cool to learn. Plus, I'll be able to watch people without them knowing it's me or using the invisibility cloak." I smile in his direction.

"Ok" I start as I shake out my limbs "here goes nothing"

Ron's POV

I watched as Harry jumped into the air, hoping something will happen. I watch as Harry's human form shifts: his skin to fur, his ears go from the side of his head to the top, and he slowly gets smaller and smaller. After maybe 10 seconds, Harry can not be seen anymore. All I see is a black cat with white paws and bright green eyes sitting on the floor in front of me. I approach the cat "Harry, is that you?" The cat's head turns towards me and nods as it jumped up on to the chair, almost falling.

"HOLY SHIT!" I yelled as it finally sunk in. My best friend is an animagus!

The cat jumps off of the chair and starts to resemble human form again as it switches back to Harry.

Harry's POV

As I transform into a new creature; my stomach starts turning, the world starts to swirl, and I'm starting to lose the ability to see colour. Please let me be a wolf, please let me be a wolf I thought as I continue to change.

Finally, I'm sitting on the floor, and I look down at my new body. It worked! I was now an animagus. I looked at the mirror across from me. A Cat? Out of everything I could've been, I got a cat? I've always been a dog person. But I was still very excited to have been able to do this.

I heard Ron call me from the left, his voice was so loud compared to when I was human. I think all of my senses had improved since I changed.

I decided that I should make sure I can change back to human form, so I jumped again and I could feel myself getting my limbs back.

Once I had transformed back to human, I turned around to Ron who's jaw was now on the floor "That was amazing" he said as he stood up to examine me. "Are you ok?" He asks still shocked. "Yeah, I'm good. We should probably get to class"

***

Later at night when everyone was in their dorm rooms, I decided to go out on a walk. That is, as a cat

I crept out of the common room and went outside. I checked to make sure no one was around and quickly morphed into my cat form again.

I had just jumped down from a tree, when I landed in a huge mud puddle. Now my fur was filthy, and gross. I tried to wipe some of the mud off by rolling on the grass, but some still stuck to me. It was at that moment, that I heard a voice behind me "Well, what do we have here" I turn around to see Malfoy towering over me examining my filthy fur. "Poor cat must've fallen in a puddle" Malfoy started to crouch down, and I took a step back. I don't want to get hurt. He reached out in front of him, picked me up and cradled me in his arms. I didn't know what to do, Malfoy was holding what he thought was an ordinary cat. "Let's get you washed up" he carried me through Hogwarts, to the dungeon and into the Syltherin house dorms. He brought me up the stairs and into his room where he gently put me down.

What is happening?, I thought, I didn't know Malfoy had a soft spot for cats. Malfoy came back after a few minutes and picked me up again. He brought me into the bathroom where there was a bathtub filled with water and soap. He carefully placed me into the tub and began to scrub me with his hands. I know it's weird but, it felt kind of nice.

Draco's POV

So there I was scrubbing a cat that I found outside. I wonder who's cat this is? I think to myself. The cat looks at me, and I notice it's beautiful bright green eyes, they almost glow against his black fur. I can't help but feel like he looks familiar...

***

Another chapter done!
Are you guys enjoying it so far? Let me know what you think!
Love ya!