7

I think we were both scared of losing our jobs.
I know I'd die without this job. It gives me a sense of independence which warms my heart. I feel like a woman and that's the cherry on top.
"What do you think he wants?" , she asks this biting her nails.
I shrug. I'd be lying if I say I know. We are talking about a rude, handsome customer who's in a wheelchair yet able to make us quiver with fear.
"I just hope we're not in any trouble "
I say honestly. He demanded Alexis gives him her number and my friend was shaking when she typed it in his phone.
My phone rings as I'm about to get into the taxi.
It's Siya and I roll my eyes as I answer.
"Don't you ever roll your eyes at me"
I gulp down and scan my surroundings. How did he see that?
"Come to my car "
"Where? "
I ask, my heart beating out of my chest. I don't know why I'm scared but I am.
"I'm parked by KFC. Don't keep me waiting "
His voice is filled with so much authority. That really sounded like a command.
"Siya... He wants to see me"
She doesn't reply but instead gives me a hug.
"You'll tell me how it went"
I nod and make my way to KFC's parking. He's standing by his car, leaning by it
I wasn't expecting to see him. Definitely not so early after our last encounter.
He opens his passenger door for me after having stared at me for about 30 seconds.
I get in and buckle up. I can tell he's not in the best of moods.
"Do you want food? "
He's staring at me sternly. I don't know how to reciprocate his stare. I still feel myself get intoxicated by his stare. I blame my body.
It gives me tingles down there.
I shake my head, unable to speak.
"My son has to eat. What do you want Yaya? "
"Please don't... Don't look at me like that "
My voice sounds different. The sexual tension in this car is loud. He's still staring at me.
I bite my lip. Why are my hormones betraying me like this?
"Like what? "
He says this tilting his head, his focus still on me.
"Never mind "
He chuckles and starts the ignition. He switches on his player and is listening to Migos and even trapping.
I giggle silently while listening to him.
He eyes me then focuses on the road.
He drives through MacDonald. I didn't even realise he wasn't driving me home.
I'm not even asked what I'd like but again, he knows me too well
"We have to talk about Dhlomo "
"It's Luthando"
He's parked his car inside the yard. I don't even know how he knows where I stay because I never told me.
I'm not surprised though.
"He's still a Dhlomo "
My focus is more on my food than this conversation but I'm paying attention.
"What about him? "
"I'm going to put you under my medical aid. I'll find the best gynaecologist for you and will go with you to every checkup from now on "
"What about your wife? What will she say about all that? Does she even know about me... About Thando? "
I have to ask. I need to. It still doesn't want to sink in that he's married.
"I'll handle my wife. You need to stop working. I can't have that "
"No"
It doesn't take a minute for me to think about this.
I'm not about to allow him to start taking control of my life.
All I wanted was him to know about the baby, not to act like this. All possessive and controlling. He no longer has that right.
"It wasn't a request Ayanda. You are going to quit "
He's just switched to being this intimidating and scary within a second but I can't let fear dominate me.
"You're not my father. You can't tell me what to do! "
I half shout at him. There's nothing he hates like someone raising their voice at him.
I can see the fire in his eyes, he's mad but I have to take a stand.
"Don't you dare shout at me! "
He roars, scaring the shit out of me. I feel a liquid between my thighs. I've peed on myself and he sees that.
I feel so embarrassed that I just cry.
"Yaya, I'm sorry "
He says as he embraces me. I push him away and get out of his car.
I'm too embarrassed to look back.
.
Alexis saw Ayanda get in and immediately breathed out in relief. She went to her, noticing her eyes which were filled with tears.
"What's wrong? ", she asked concerned and hoping that Siya didn't do anything to her.
"I peed on myself, in his car "
"What? "
She was shocked but came back to life when she heard her friend's loud sob.
"I'm sorry. I'm sorry Yaya" , she said as she hugged her, brushing her back.
Mean while, Siya felt very bad for scaring Ayanda. She had never seen that side of him. He had sold her another version of him but Cindi had really pushed him.
He cleaned her mess, not even feeling disgusted then drove home.
He didn't feel like facing his wife but he felt that he had no choice.
He wasn't going to be able to run away from her forever and thinking about how he made the wrong decision pissed him off.
He had seen the effect he had on Yaya and he knew she still loves him. However, he didn't want to use that to get to her. Her heart was still fragile and he didn't want to ruin her happiness.
"Cindi! ", he called as he got into his house.
There was no reply, which worried him. He went to check her in their room but she wasn't there.
"This bitch! "
He said as he took out his phone and called one of his guys.
"I want you to track my wife at this instance "
He didn't have to say it twice. He took off his blazer, tie and unbuttoned the first two buttons of his shirt.
Getting into his office, he poured himself a glass of whisky and waited.
He was getting more and more pissed at the second.
"I'm.. I'm comiiing! ", she screamed as he pounded her from behind. He had missed this and Cindi felt it as therapeutic for her.
"I'm coming with you" , Luke groaned and they shortly fell onto the bed and caught their breathes.
"Fuck ", he said as he kissed the top of her head. She smiled back at him before dozing off to sleep.
He stood up and went to take a shower. He was deep in thought, thinking of how he could possibly deal with Siya.
He was a little stressed because he knew Siya was unpredictable.
He knew that he had to fight for his love and if it meant going head-to-head with the cruel, ruthless Siya then it was worth it.