15

“You’re telling me you spent a week with this very hot guy and you’re still a virgin?”
She giggles and nods.
I’m having a tub of bar one ice-cream on my lap while she’s telling tales.
The house was empty without her, but I had Siya coming in once in a while to ease the boredom.
“He’s gay!”
I say, and she bursts out in laughter.
“You’re crazy”
“Has he touched you?”
She blushes, making me chuckle.
“How?”
“No Ayanda”
“I just want to know. I’m your best friend, you should tell me these things”
“Fine. He likes touching me all over, especially my boobs. One morning when I was sleeping, I felt him kiss my boobs. I think he loves them”
I chuckle.
“And I bet he’s a beast in bed. He’s coloured after all”
Then we both laugh.
“He prefers being called black. He says his mom is coloured, not him”
“Yeah, well”
Soon it’s February and I’m nine months pregnant.
I am due to give birth on the fourteenth and I can’t wait. I think I have been pregnant for too long and I am longing to finally meet my Thando.
I just want to see myself holding him already.
Alexis works as a waitress now and tells me it has something to do with what Romeo said.
She says she’s gotten close with the chef who has agreed to mentor her.
I am happy for her as she is close to realising her dreams.
She always comes home excited and her jubilance is contagious. I am a happy soul too. She's always wanted to become a chef so I'm glad that she's taken a step closer towards that.
“I came to get you”
Siya says and I don’t even flinch because I haven’t even taken a bath.
“Nop”
He chuckles and comes to kiss me on the forehead.
“I hope my son won’t be this stubborn”
He says, kissing my huge bump.
“As long as he looks like you, I don’t care about his character”
He chuckles and sits on the coffee table, taking my foot into his lap.
“The time is finally here”
“I know right, I can’t wait”
“Me too. This is my first born after all”
He says proudly, and I know my son is going to have all the love he deserves and that makes me happy.
“Shouldn’t you be at work?”
“You can’t be here alone, especially when you’re due to give birth soon”
“You’re right. He can decide to come earlier”
“Exactly”
I look at his lips which I haven’t tasted in a while.
“I need a favour”
I say, biting my lips and he chuckles.
“OK?”
“I need you to kiss me”
He laughs.
“I’m not surprised. I know I’m irresistible”
“Yeah, yeah, just do it”
He crouches in front of me and kisses me.
He does this, even deepening the kiss until I break it to catch my breath.
“Happy now?”
“I wish I wasn’t heavily pregnant right now”
Then he laughs.
"I'm with you there"
he says then perks my lips before returning to his initial position.
                               ****
It's always been nice for me to complain about my son taking too long but I never imagined eight hours in labour.
I've heard that some women spend twelve , some fourteen but those eight hours were hell for me.
I had to deal with contractions and the frustrations of the nurse saying its not time yet.
Siya was by my side, holding my hand through it all and even getting slaps from yours truly.
I'm glad I gave birth naturally. The last thing I wanted was for my stomach to be cut open.
That would have been horror for me.
He was weighing 3,4 kilos and healthy, with light skin and beautiful strands of hair
He came on the 13th though but I'm happy.
I think I'm obsessed with my son. He's five days old now but I still can't get enough of him.
I love watching him sleep. He has beautiful long lashes and bushy eyebrows. He looks like the lighter version of his father with my elf ears and pink lips.
I love him. He's so adorable.
Siya just had to give him his surname but I'm not complaining.
Luthando Dhlomo.
"You should give my son a break. You're suffocating him"
I laugh, turning to him.
He's leaning by the door frame in the nursery.
I'm still living with Alexis. I don't want to see myself cohabiting with Siya, though it's something he did suggest.
He came up with the crap that he wants his son to live with both parents but I didn't buy that.
"I carried him for 39 weeks. You have no right"
He chuckles, coming in. It's Friday in the afternoon.
Lex is at work and I doubt she's coming home, considering how her relationship is serious.
I'm happy for her.
He plants a kiss on my cheek before bending to kiss Sino.
"I feel for him. Poor boy is going to face some serious emotional blackmail "
"What do you mean? "
I say, looking at him with my arms folded.
"I carried you for nine months, I am your mother"
And the bastard is even imitating my voice.
"I do not talk like that "
I say, with a frown and he chuckles.
"Let's give him some space. I want to talk to you"
He grabs hold of my hand and we walk out of the nursery.
It's a room that Siya built specially for Sino, something I never mentioned.
"I want us to start over "
"Yeah, jump straight to it"
I say, surprised at his blurting out.
"I don't see the need to jump around the bush Yaya. You should know that by now "
He says, looking sternly at me.
"OK, go on"
I say as I move back into the couch.
"It's a New Year Yaya and I love you, which is what I've been preaching since forever. I want us to seriously put the past behind us and build our family "
He looks at me, waiting for me to say something.
I can see the anticipation in his eyes.
"Tempting"
I say and he looks at me with squinted eyes
He's impatient. I can see that.
"I love you too Siya. I never stopped. My heart broke when you left me like that with no explanation and got married. I wanted to hate you, I really did but I couldn't. It got worse when I found out that I'm pregnant then you came back into my life. It was hard, I admit. "
He's paying so much attention and because he's so serious, I'm not about to let in on this so easily.
My silly mind decides to push his buttons. I love the little pissed off Siya. He becomes a beast that's too handsome not to watch.
"But? "
I guess he could sense it.
"I met someone else. He's Willing to accept my son and loves me. "
He clenches his jaw and I can see his breathing pattern change. I almost want to laugh.
"I'm sorry. "
I add then stand up. I haven't even taken two steps when he's already up and pulling me at such a speed, I gasp.
As I'm about to say something, he kisses me
It's not slow or passionate but it's rough.
See the beast I spoke of? Yes.
"You're lying "
He says as I'm trying to catch my breath.
"Don't be such a sore loser. You don't have to be bitter because -"
He shuts me up with a kiss. This one is the kind that can make one come. Does this man not understand that I just gave birth?
"I know you Yaya and you seem to forget that we never broke up"
I roll my eyes and he perks my lips.
"I love you"
"Mxm"
Then he chuckles. Best sound or is it that of my son crying?
"I'm taking a break "
He laughs again as he walks out and to the nursery.
I sit down and just breathe. I need to. I even forgot about my stitches.