Chapter 6

Hermione took out her Transfiguaration textbook and some fresh parchment. She was going to stay with Malfoy for a while since it was thirty minutes till her patrol duty starts. Where was the poster and chocolate again? Hermione crawled under the bed and fished it out. Crookshanks must have dropped it when she put it on her four-poster bed.

She strolled through the corridors till she could see the infirmary doors. Her palms started sweating. Even if she persuaded herself to think that Malfoy wouldn't harm her, she was still afraid. Hermione still recalled earlier this morning , the way he looked when he smiled.

She pushed the door open and saw blue curtains blocking a patient and a bed. She walked slowly as she can and threw the chocolate on his bed.

"Oh, look who visited me. Miss me already, Granger?"

"Yeah,yeah."

Draco had his broken arm rested on his stomach and what seem like a Quidditch magazine was thrown on the bedside table.

"You even brought me chocolates? How nice of you." he smirked at Hermione.

"Listen, some first graders wanted to get your signature and the chocolates .I'm here just to help them,ferret."she growled.

Hermione caught the glimpse of sadness in his eyes again. " But I'm here to accompany you for a while ,"she quickly added.

"Really? That's really boring of you."

"Listen,you ferret-"

"MS Granger!" Madam Pomfrey came rushing towards her, a tray of food from the Great Hall in her hands.

"Hello, Madam Pomfrey,I came to -uh, visit Mr Malfoy."

"Great!He didn't reaally have any visitors except the whole Slytherin House and lots of girls which I kicked them out."

"Um, you call that little visitors?"

"They were annoying,"Draco grumbled. Madam Pomfrey rushed over to another side as a Gryffindor kid wailed and cried for his mom.

" You don't expect me to sign this poster with blood now, do you?" Draco mumbled.

"That would be special, you think you can do it?" Hermione replied sarcastically.

"Just give me ink and a bloody quill," as Draco unfolded the poster. He quickly signed it and threw it at Hermione, who was writing her essay.

"Hey!" Hermione let out a small scream and her focus went back to her homework. Draco stared at her.

"And you wouldn't expect me to eat with my poor arm broken?"

Hermione threw her parchment at him, but he was quick enough to catch it single handedly. She screamed in frustration.

"Oh calm down, will you?" Draco smirked and read her essay.

"What? Give it back,ferret!"

"Wrong, wrong, wrong."

Hermione back straightened. She was ready to battle knowledge with him. "What? You don't know what you're saying."

"What do you mean by: if you want to cast the correct spell , you must hit a ferret rapidly until its tail is broken. But it is no ordinary ferret. You must find one that once had be an idiot student who broke his arm in the hospital wing."

Hermione's face grew hot. She didn't even realised it when she was writing her anger down. What would Professor Mcgonagall say?" Uh, I - actually, I - "

" Just help me eat already. "

"Ugh, fine, but if you annoyed me, I'll throw your dinner at you."