Chapter 14

******

"Ms Granger, if you're not feeling alright, I'll pass your Head Girl's duty to someone else."

"No! I'm fine - I can do it."

Professor Mcgonagall eyes sunked deep into her bones. The headmasters portraits looked at her, their expressions worried and angry. The pensive gurgled with water, like if its grumbling about the head girls situation too.

"Hermione, don't push yourself too hard. I do understand that you want to take your responsibility seriously, but sometimes too much work - can drive you insane."

"I suppose. But - don't you think it's very irresponsible of me to throw my job away because I'm in some roller coaster ride?"

"What's a roller coaster again?"

Hermione pulled her legs and leaned back. "Muggle ride. What I'm saying is that I'm going through a emotional distress. I don't feel - like myself anymore."

Professor Mcgonagall stopped walking and sat on the chair. "That is why, Hermione, if we pass the job to someone else, you'll have time to relax. Enjoy hogwarts like usual." 

"Perhaps you're right. Just who are you going to appoint to?"Hermione played with the end of her braid. 

"I'll let you know when I'm ready to tell you," Professor Mcgonagall adjusted her black hat and wrote something on a scroll. "Please sign here," and handed it to her. 

Hermione swallowed a gulp of her own saliva. It's now or not that she'll be free from her duty and take the evenings and mornings slowly, reading library books and drinking her favourite coffee that her dad sometimes delivered to her using her owl. 

Hermione took the feather from Mcgonagall and dipped it into the bottle of ink. With one quick movement, her role as head girl was gone. 

"Oh and ..the badge?" 

She unhooked it on her robes and press the sharp point to the little piece of metal together. 

"Hermione, could you do me a favour?" 

"What is it, Professor?" 

"I'll like you to make a list of girls  that you think are suitable for the job for Head Girl and for Head Boy too." 

Hermione couldn't believe it. Professor is going to take the position away from Ron? 

"Ron? But why? He's doing his job alright."

Professor Mcgonagall frowned. "Yes..doing his job but he's isn't doing it well , Hermione." 

"Oh I see, I'll come back when I'm done,Professor." Hermione straightened her skirt and stood up to leave.

"Ms Granger!"she called out. "Yes,Professor?" 

"Don't hurt yourself, sometimes, it's no one's fault that the other left."

"I understand, Professor. Have a nice day."

*******
Hermione busted into the library, hoping he was there. She just made a mistake of going to the quidditch pitch, for there was tons of fourth graders swooning over the Gryffindor quidditch team.

So if Draco was going to be there, it'll cause a disaster of scratching and yelling.

Hermione scanned the wooden bookshelves and the dimly lit lamps, hoping to see a tall figure perhaps playing with his wand or sitting down.

She knew not to be that hopeful. Again, the famous and handsome Mr Malfoy wouldn't just spend time with a studious girl like her. Second, she'd send him the message like fifteen minutes ago saying she'd change the place.