Chapter 34

"Oh my goodness, what are you going to wear?"

"I don't know. Its like the second yule ball. I just know that it will definitely not be my mom's wedding gown."

The girls laughed. Hermione drank some pumpkin juice and continued to listen to Ginny. She had gone a little better. She went to bed early, as Ginny instructed to, combed her hair and wore nice robes this morning. Hermione felt more like herself.

"I wonder what I'm going to wear.. What does Harry like?"

Hermione thought about it for a while. "Er, not too showing and make it simple."

"I think I know which dress to wear.. Thanks, I was digging my wardrobe last night."

Hermione laughed a little,"No worries," she smiled softly.

"What are you going to wear?"

"I'm not going. I've got no date, no dress and no mood."

"What? That's ridiculous. Hermione, maybe a party can lighten yourself up, get a couple of shots," Ginny said.

"No.. I'm so depressed the last few days. Did you see how shocked I was? Crying there, people whispering about me and laughing.. Showing at the party won't do me any good."

"Hey. You've got to let it go, alright? Who cares if the world judges who you are? As long as you know you aren't, it's fine!"

Hermione slumped. "I guess so."

"I'll borrow you one of my dresses. And- oh god. We're late for classes."

********
"Come here," Ginny led Hermione to the enormous wood cardboard she had in her dormitory.

"My lord.. There's so much dresses piled up everywhere!" she exclaimed.

"Some of them are mom's ones.. Being the only girl in the family."

"Right."

Ginny bend down and pick a hot smoking red dress. The upper part was a crosette and the below had a cutting where one of her legs will be shown if Hermione walks.

"A bit too much.. Ginny?" she squeaked.

"You're right. How about this one?"

It was a light purple dress, and the fabric was so thin that Hermione would catch a cold if the night is windy and freezing.

"No. How about... That one?" she pointed at an off shoulder beige dress that was a little above her ankles.

"Perfect.." Ginny whispered. Her face lit up, "Come on, let's get ready!"

Hermione showered, curled her hair and put some muggle blush on her cheeks. Her mother had packed a box of make up for her, which Hermione never used unless she goes to important events or dates.

The dress was a little tight at her hips, but otherwise it fits just fine. The lavender smell was coming off her hair and she could smell it.

Ginny was wearing a yellow double strap long silky gown, which had silver flowers and leaves pattern all over the bottom layer. Her hair was up in a low bun, having some gold flowers pinned onto it.

Hermione did the same.
"Hey Ginny.. I have second thoughts about this. What if it goes wrong?" she said sadly.

"Trust me, you'll be safe if you stick with me. Don't wander off by yourself, okay?"

Hermione hugged her friend. "Thanks for everything. Come, your future husband is waiting!"

Ginny blushed."What are you talking about?"

"Nothing."

*******
The great hall was decorated white and pink, with round tables everywhere stacked with food and champagne.

The musical instruments were playing by themselves and Professor Mcgonagall look rather enthusiastic about it.

Everyone arrived by seven thirty and the wedding begin. Hermione ate and  and drank a lot until she was dizzy.

She laughed by herself and was completely lost when Ginny went to dance with Harry. Everyone else started taking their dates and twirled on the floor.

Hermione caught Draco with Pansy dancing, and even she had to admit that she looked pretty. She was wearing a light green dress and her hair was done with braids. Him, on the other hand, looked very handsome with his long black robes and white collar button shirt. They both seemed to enjoy each other's company very much.

Hermione burst out crying out of nowhere. She made herself unnoticeable in the crowds, drinking and drinking.

The bride and bridegroom was in the middle, waltzing and suddenly the music turned into a slow, romantic one.

Someone tap her on the shoulder.

"Edward Harris? What are you doing here?" she said drowsily. Her face was red and her hair had came undone loosely.

"May I?" he smiled.

Hermione reluctantly took his hand and put her arms around him. They made themselves comfortable, although she kept stepping on his black shoes. He didn't seem to mind.

Hermione looked at his features. How can she not notice him before? She always pushed him away because of Ron Weasley, and now he asked her to dance. Is he even in his right mind?

"How are you?"

"I'm okay," she said dryly.

"You're very pretty tonight.."

"Thank you. You're not bad yourself." She turned her head to look at Draco, but he didn't look back. He was too busy gazing into Pansy Parkinson's eyes. She turned her head back slowly.

Hermione released her arms around him. "I need to go," and she quickly made her way out to the quidditch pitch, where the air is fresh and clean.

"Hey-wait!" Edward followed her, "I want to show you something!"

"What is it?"

"Follow me," he beckoned her to come, and she did. The air blew strongly and Hermione shivered.

"Where is the place?"

"Come, we're close."

Before she knew it, they were both going into the forbidden forest. Animals howled and galloped on the ground, breaking twigs and dry leaves.

"Are you sure about this?" she called out to Edward, who was far in front of her.

"It's going to be amazing. I promised."

Hermione didn't felt any better. She was getting more afraid and any movement that appeared in the forest, she freaked out. Her drowsiness isn't helping, either.

Five minutes passed by. Hermione was sure that they were counted as deep inside. Her feet was hurting, especially wearing her pink heels. Once or twice she fell down and had to quickly get up to not get lost.

Edward had somehow dissappeared. She was now alone, by herself, in a forest filled with dangerous creatures that might eat her alive.

"Edward?" she called out.

Then, something hard hit her head with full force. She flung herself and collapsed onto the ground.