Chapter 22

"Oh dear, this is bad," Madam Pomfrey tutted as she stretched Hermoine's arm to give a quick look at her bruises.

"It wasn't quite my fault," she said softly.

"Well, I don't think there's any ribs broken, Professor Bradford, so Skele-Gro isn't quite needed," she explained to the frowning potions master.

"Well get her some treatment, she looked like she fought a bunch of wild beasts!"

"Yes I will, just be patient."

Hermione wasn't in for listening to the adults bickered over her injuries. She was in her train of thoughts of so many things that she could hardly remember what she thought of a few moments ago.

Madam Pomfrey cut the strips of white bandages and took off the old ones where Ron had helped her deal with it.

Wrapping here and there, Hermione looked like a half mummy in Egypt. As Madam Pomfrey got to work, she loosen the other braid and run her hair through her soft locks. She thanked the heavens that she didn't became half bald by the intense force Padma used.

Although her hair was still secured tightly onto her scalp, her skirt was torn apart from the behind, making it turned out into a weird fashion way.

"Try to avoid fights, Ms Granger, this is unlike you.."

"It wasn't ME!" Hermione shouted, startling Madam Pomfrey. Why does everyone keep telling her that? She is not different from her old self, she was still this bookworm that studies and only loves Ron! That's Hermione Granger.

"Oh dear.."she turned her head to talk to Professor Bradford in a low whisper, but Hermione was itching to know what they were talking about. Her ears obeyed her wishes.

"What's up with her? I'm afraid that she entered to a type of illness I can't cure," Madam Pomfrey looked worried, her forehead wrinkled.

"Mental issues? That I'm afraid, will have to be send to St Mungo."

"But she's going to be alright. I'll talk to Mcgonagall about it, make sure that she doesn't end up there.."

Professor Bradford twitched his moustache. "Yes yes, go talk to her. I'm going to fetch myself some pumpkin juice to quench my thirst.."

Hermione's heart fell. She's not mentally insane now, right? She's just simply irritated by her surroundings and the drama. Yeah, that must be it,she convinced herself.

" Come on dear, "Madam Pomfrey fixed her apron," Let's bring you to see the Headmistress of Hogwarts. "

*********
Hermione followed the patron, and passed by a crying Padma Patil who was blowing her nose in a pink handkerchief and sobbing. Her friends looked grief too.

"Professor Mcgonagall? I'm here to bring Hermione Granger in," she knocked the door.

A muffled voice answered. "Oh do come in."

Hermione glance at the sour face of the headmistress. Her gray hair was streaked white and her glasses were slipping off her nose. The tight dress was clinged onto her, looking all professional.

Far away, she could see an old broomstick laying onto the cabinets.

"Thank you, Madam Pomfrey. I'll talk to our student here."

She bowed and retreated back.
"Look at me, Hermione," Mcgonagall's soft voice made her look up.

"Yes, Professor?"

"Why did you got into a fight? You know better than that," she explained.

"I didn't! I was defending myself, Professor. My wand was broken," she said carefully.

"Well you don't need a wand to stop yourself from fighting, and it doesn't really solves your problems."

"Well, my problems are never solved, and why do I always get picked on?"

"Maybe you did things the wrong way, and perhaps you didn't tried," Mcgonagall adjusted her hat and crossed her arms.

"I didn't tried? I'VE DONE MY BEST! You - you don't understand, I fought to be where I am! H-how could you say that?"

"Sit back down! I care what happens to you! I'm trying to help you solve your problems, Hermione."

Hermione flop herself back, embarrassed. She just argued with one of her most favourite professors of all time.

"You care? You didn't even asked me, my opinion, to appoint that bitch to be the next Head Girl!"

Professor Mcgonagall looked flabbergasted by Hermione's language.

"Ms Granger!" she huffed, "you need to learn how to speak properly! What's got into you? Using foul language is something that I wouldn't expect from you, Hermione."

"What? It's true! You can't blame me for saying that!"

"Fifteen points from Gryffindor, Ms Granger."

Hermione didn't waste any time to talk. She stomped out, running all the way to the stairs while the potrait mumbled as she knocked one of them with her hands.

As she entered from the fat lady, Ron was looking furious. He shouted and screamed until he saw Hermione.

"You! You insolent stupid little bitch! Slept with that Malfoy, haven't you? Think you can get back to me this way, huh?"

Suddenly, she didn't felt so strong. Ron was her ultimate weakness. "I didn't mean to! We were locked inside!" she said hopelessly.

"Wow, well maybe you were locked inside, and you did it on purpose!"

"NO! IT WASN'T -" her anger burned down.

Ginny looked dumbstruck, but she motion the rest of the younger Gryffindors to go somewhere else.

"Please, I won't do it again - just don't leave me, please, Ron. I beg you."

"You've stooped so low, and all this time I'm irritated, annoyed by you! I was just so tired being played like a rag doll, going with that stupid Viktor Krum and now Malfoy?"

"NO-Viktor was a friend," she pleaded, "And I don't love anyone else - please."

"I don't think I can handle it anymore," Ron ruffled his hair, "Look, I'm tired, you're tired. Can we just end this forever?"

"Ron! Please, I'd rather be tired, and weak and hopeless than not to be with you! Give me a chance, Ill do better, I promise."

Ginny teared up and Harry comforted her.

"Sorry, Granger. I've realised I took a liking towards Cho Chang, and maybe... we're just not meant to be."

Hermione burst into tears. She walked out and ran upstairs, pushing and shoving everyone that blocked her.

As she saw her commom room, she pulled the wobbly doorknob and slammed it shut. Angry tears streaked down quickly, as soon as one dripped from her chin, another one follows.

Her back faced the door and she buried her face along with her messy hair. She cried and cried, basically emptying out her jar of hearts.

Why, Ron? ILOVED YOU. I always do. Viktor Krum was just once, never anymore. Why would you leave me? I'll do anything to get you back, why do you have to push me away again and again?. I can't stand it anymore.

I love you so much, Ron.