Chapter 43

It had been two wonderful weeks. Hermione got well with everyone, no more gossip about her and no more getting bullied.

Draco followed her everywhere, to her dormitory, classes, quidditch pitch, library and just almost everywhere.

"Hermione?" Ginny asked, putting down her broom on the floor.

"Yes, what?"

"How did the exam went?"

"Great! I knew every question to it, and all my spells worked splendidly!"

"That's nice to hear. Harry was just struggling a little with Potions but I'm sure even if he failed everything he's still going to get a job."

Hermione laughed. "True," and she adjusted her fluffy pillow.

"Are you going to sleep yet?"

"Nope."

"Alright," she pulled the sheets and cuddled against a teddy bear, even if she's too old for one.

********
Hermione was awake at the sound of someone perching on her arm. She didn't bother, of course, but it was getting irritating.

She blinked an eye, and screamed as an owl fluttered nervously around her. It made itself comfortable on the bed frame, its yellow eyes not taking off Hermione.

"What the hell.." she recognised it at once. It was Malfoy's brown owl, strong and fast. Hermione eyed it carefully and took the thin parchment it was clutching onto. She was afraid that it might snap that sharp beak on her fingers so Hermione quickly redrew her hand.

Unfolding it, she read it aloud :Hello darling, sorry to wake you up. I need to show you something, will you meet me at the quidditch pitch? You're going to love it. Oh, do wear something beautiful.

Love,
Ferret

She groaned. Seriously, not a date at five in the morning! But Hermione went anyways. She crept downstairs and shook Ginny up. Honestly, she can't do this without her best friend.

"Merlin.. What'd you do that for? I'm tired, Hermione!"

"Yes, but it's sort of an emergency," she said quickly,"Ive got a date."

Ginny raised an eyebrow. "Really, Hermione? At this hour?"

"That's what I thought to. Come on, I don't want to keep him waiting," and she dragged her to the wardrobe.

Ginny pulled several dresses out from Hermione's wardrobe and examined them. Their quite pretty, but it just doesn't suit her.

Hermione had her brown locks done into a crown braid, with Bobby pins stuck to the corners.

"Oh, Ginny.. Which one do I wear?" she asked worriedly.

"Hmm.. This?"

"No.. Its the one I wore for Bill and Fleur's wedding.. I don't really like it. How about that?"

It was a flowery dress. A bit old, but it fits Hermione perfectly and also, it matched her hairstyle. Some loose strands had already started coming off.

She wore it and the sleeves were a bit puffy, but otherwise, it was beautiful..

"There you go, no need make up, and goodbye. I'm going back to sleep," and she snored off into her pillow.

Hermione giggled and held her dress up, then walked down the stairs carefully, afraid that she will tripped.

She reached outside, where the air is chilly and made her way through the hundred and fourty two staircase.

Slowly wandering into the dark, she saw him swinging his broom as usual, wearing dark green robes and had his hair gelled terribly. Some of the front had already come hanging down.

She laughed to herself and made her way there silently.

"Hey.."

"You idiot! Why did you wake me up just for this date? You could've done it later in the day," Hermione grumbled.

"Because its special, darling," and he carried her on his broom then flew off before she could screamed at him again.

"I hate broom rides," she muttered and he just laughed. She saw the familiar way of the cornflowers patch then he stopped and landed on a hill with Hogwarts in the background. Thank goodness they weren't too far. She was seriously having bad dreams about running in the forest.

The grass was up to their knees, and Hermione had to be careful at what she stepped on.

"Shshs. Listen to me, walk slowly and carefully," he gave instructions to her.

"Why do I -"

"Come on, just do it. You'll love it," and she pulled him along and suddenly a blue light emerged from the grass and more hovered above the air..

Hermione gasped and watched as the fireflies moved around them.

"Their enchanted.. That's why it's shimmering blue.." and they went deeper into the grass.

More lights came up and suddenly Hermione was facing him. He brought a hand out for her to take, "I think I owe you a dance, don't I?"

She smiled. "Yes, yes you do." He placed a hand on her waist and the other clutched onto Hemione's one.

They waltzed through the place and it was truly magical. It was like going into another fantasy world where the two of them only existed.

"You look beautiful, Hermione."

Her cheeks flushed. "Thanks," and they moved to another place. She was very embarrassed because her dancing literally suck. Most of the time she was trampling on his feet.

"Hey.. Maybe after we graduated, we would settle down, make a family.." he looked away nervously.

Hermione smirked. "Was that a propose, Malfoy?"

He didn't reply. That must've been very awkward.

"I would love to," she said softly.

"Really?"

"Yeah. I will."

He bent down and gave her a small peck on the lips. He was obviously too tall for her.

"Can you believe it? It's coming to an end at Hogwarts."

"Yeah. It's so fast.."

"What are you going to do for a living?"

He shrugged. "Probably work in the ministry.."

"Me too.."

Hermione smiled encouragingly at him, "Whatever happens, I'll be here to support you, alright?"

Draco's worried face was gone. He smiled and whispered silently, "I love you, Hermione Granger."

The light buzzed more brightly around them like he had conjured up some sparks. She was very shy. But she said it anyways.

"I love you too," and they kissed while they kept dancing with Hogwarts in their background till the light around them faded. The sun slowly crept out from the dark sky, just like hope and love in the pitch black darkness.