Chapter 9

"Edward Harris, stop following me around."

The ravenclaw prefect came out, pushing a bonquet of roses to Hermione's hands. She glared at him.

"Edward, I can't! I'm with Ron - stop flirting with me. Aren't you tired? You're just going to get your heart broken again. Please, for the sake of yourself, don't do this anymore."

He slumped his shoulders. "Really? I'm going to get rejected all the time?"

Hermione nodded her head. "Exactly. So - stop it."

Edward frowned. His gaze lowered, then walk away from Hermione. She let out a sigh and reached her common room. Hermione had finish her afternoon patrol near the ravenclaw's dormitory and Edward just happened to stop her.

She bended her neck and smelled the roses. Where should she even put this? Surely not the dustbin, perhaps for Harry to give Ginny? No, it wouldn't be nice to give someone's present to another person. The vase in her room will do.

Hermione passed by some Hufflepuffs and walked up the staircase. She mumbled the password and the door swung open. Her eyes spotted two ginger heads, looking angry.

Ginny looked frustrated and Harry glued himself to the wall, looking  helpless. The rest of the students backed away to their rooms, avoiding the heated argument.

"What's going on?" Hermione asked aloud.

"Oh look who finally showed up? Accused me cheating with Cho Chang, didn't you? Not to mention having my own sister back stabbed me! Are you happy now?" Ron shouted, his face red with anger.

"Excuse me? I was just asking her if she could talk to you! You've been off lately, Ron. Why won't you talk to any of us?" Hermione fighted back.

"Talk? Like you'll even hear me out. Has your mind ever process to what I'm saying? Bet its full of knowledge that you don't have any room to get my attention! I'm tired!"

"I always listen to what you have to say! What do you mean you're tired?"

"Ronald Weasley! I'll tell mom about this -" Ginny shouted but she was cut off.

"Yeah, tell her then! I don't think she'll even bother to know what actually happened! I was never the favourite, anyways."

"That's not true! Ron, you know that -" Harry stepped forward and try to help.

"Harry, you're my best friend. Are you not going to help me?"

The question took Harry back. "Ron, I do side with you, but now in this matter, I-I think its your fault."

His face was crestfallen. "Has Ginny possessed you already? I see."

Hermione eyes watered. "Ron, please. I'm trying to help -"

He kicked the glass table until it shattered from the edge. "Don't talk to me. I'm done here."

Ron walked towards the door and Hermione race to catch up with him.
"Ron, I'm sorry!" she screamed. "I didn't mean to make you feel that way!"

"Huh, that's a very reasonable answer. I wonder if that's just a lie."

"What are you so angry about -"

"It doesn't matter. I need some time alone." and he stalked off, leaving  her heart broken.

*****

Hermione carried her Defence against the dark arts textbooks and some revision books that needs to be return to the library.

Her heart sank. Ginny comforted her and wrote a letter to Mrs Weasley while Harry figured how to talk to him later. Things weren't going well as she thought she would.