Chapter 19

This was way too uncomfortable. Just as she passed by the first corridor, sneaky glances from girls started happening and the boys raised their eyebrows. Some even dared to smirk and eyed her like a predator. She hated it.

"Wow.. She's cute.."

"Huh, what happen to that bookish lady? She looked so different.."

Too many voices filled her mind and she lowered her head, burying her chin in her scarf.

As she entered the Great Hall, Cho Chang looked utterly shocked, but she quickly glared and started whispering to her Ravenclaw friends.

" Wow, someone looking adorable today," Draco smirked and waved.

"Shh, I'm going on a date with Ron!" she hissed.

"A date? Why am I not invited?"

She rolled her eyes again. "Because it's a date!"

"Oh, right. So I can't -"

"Draco! Come on, I need to talk to our best friend," Pansy walked up from the slytherin table, batting her eyelashes.

"What? Why?" he asked.

She let out a series of high pitched giggles. They sounded worse than a dog, to be honest.

"Oh nothing important," she squeezed his arm, smiling sweetly.

"Hey Parkinson, I don't really want to interfere so I'll go now," Hermione added.

Just as she walked a few steps, she was immediately pulled back. She could feel sharp fingernails poking through her robes.

"Listen, mudblood!" Pamsy spat.

"Why you little snob-"

"Hermione, can you be more polite, please? I don't want a fight to happen," Draco warned her then gave Pansy a small smile.

When he was away, "Is it true that you've slept with my boyfriend in the library? Cause I've heard rumors."

Hermione panicked. "What? That's just r-ridiculous! Why would I do that?"

"Because you, Hermione Granger, isn't just a filthy mudblood, but also a stealer," Pansy sneered.

"Well if you don't mind stuffing your pig nose into someone else's buisness -"

"Mudblood. Wait till you see what I can do when you touch my boyfriend," and she let out a shriek laughter.

"You can try, but don't say I didn't warn you,"Hermione challenged her.

Pansy twisted her mouth into a smile." Good luck, mudblood." and she trotted off like a horse, Draco waiting for her. Hermione sense a twinge of jealousy shot up her nerves. Worst girlfriend ever.

"Hermione! Hi," Ron smiled awkwardly, fiddling with his robes. She blushed, her rosy cheeks showing out that instant.

"Hi," she barely made it sound like she was talking. It turned out like how a rat got stomped on.

Ron looked like when he was in third year, his little fringe pushed up into a tousled part and he had his scarf tied extremely neat, not around his neck as always.

His robes were usually faded and dirty, but today it smelled of Harry's mint cologne and his hair was soft.

Wow. That was an unpredictable change. Hermione sat down next to him, smiling and beaming.

"You look pretty," Ron said.

"Thank you."

"Hermione - I'm sorry. I didn't mean to just break it off with you, it's just - I don't know what I'm doing," he apolagized.

Hermione tried not to cry. She wanted him to say it all this time, but right now - there's no feeling.

It's like he's moving on too fast. Maybe they should be friends for a period of time first then only get back together. As much as she wanted to be together again, she wouldn't want him to be sorry that fast and she also wouldn't want to forgive him that easily.

What he did made her felt so broken, and a simple apology isn't going to fix everything.

They sat eating their bacons and eggs until it was time for lessons.

**********

"Now.. Use the correct way, and begin!"

They dig out worms from clay pots and the whole greenhouse smelled of freshly dug dirt and vinegar.

Hermione used her shovel and picked out some worms hiding inside, which she freaked out everytime one landed on her hand and Harry or Ron had to calmed her.

But, she did not appreciate Cho Chang's mean remarks and her snickering.

"You should have the plant poking out in three directions if you're doing it correctly," Madam Pomfrey squashed her soil and leaned down to sniffed it.

Neville did the same and soon he had finished it correctly, with Madam Pomfrey announcing twenty more points for Gryffindor.

Hermione was so focused on the worms that were wriggling on the wooden table that she didn't notice what the Ravenclaws girls were whispering behind her until she caught her name in their sentence.

"Isn't that Hermione Granger? What-how did this happen?"

"I don't have the faintest idea," a girl snorted.

"I heard from Professor Flitwick that she lose her job as Head Girl because she became an emotional wreck."

The girls laughed. Hermione grew uncomfortable, but didn't say anything.

"Have you heard of the new Head Girl? Guess who it is!"

"Who? Who is it?" the girl let out a shrill tone.

"It's Cho Chang!"

Hermione coughed out the water she was drinking, Ron patting her back as her stomach pressed together tightly.

This couldn't be insanely happening. She haven't even made the list she was told to, and now Professor Mcgonagall just approved her position without Hermione's opinion?

The news spread like wild fire. Soon, the whole bunch of seventh graders started shaking her hand, congratulating Cho. Even Ron smiled warmly, enjoying the scene like it was such a pleasant thing to see.

Cho Chang spotted Hermione's sour face. She smirked at her and Hermione angrily stomped off the greenhouse, her anger burning like fuel.