Chapter 17

They were so quiet that Madam Pince didn't notice them or maybe missed out the part where they were studying.

The door clicked and Hermione didn't noticed it at first. Then the lights went off.

"What's going on?" she shook his hand violently.

"I don't know. Maybe the lamps are spoiled?"

"Well they couldn't be spoiled all at once now, could they?"

Hermione closed the book and put it back at the shelve.

"We need to get out from here. Come on, ferret."

Draco shove the extra books from the library in that expensive leather backpack he used.

They walked quickly to the doors, but it was bolted or magically locked.

"Hermione.. You do realise that it's passed eight already,"Draco poked her arm while she pushed her body against the heavy doors.

"That means it's locked," she said. "Let me get my wand." Hermione slammed her hand against her sweater, trying to yank it out but it wasn't there.

"I think, Ginny forgot to give it back to me when she dried it."

Draco's face fell. He still looked handsome even if he did that, but that wasn't the point.

"I don't have it with me."

"I don't really have the talent for wandless magic, Draco."

"Let's try to call out," he suggested.

They screamed like frightened kids, or maybe only Hermione, because his voice was deeper.

"It's useless, this library is sound proof."

"What should we do?" Hermione wailed and slumped her back against a rusted bookshelf.

"Well, there isn't much we can do, we'll have to stay for the night," Draco put his backpack down and leaned his black next to Hermione.

"What? There must be a way! Maybe someone will notice that we're misusing and come looking for us," she said.

"Which hardly will ever happen, and the chances are low."

She groaned, then took off her shoes to pressed and pushed her ankle together. It was really turning into a dark shade of purple.

"Hold on!" she let out a small scream and grinned. "I remmeber I've put some muggle food somewhere a few weeks ago.. Ron told me to."

"What?"

"Oh come on, follow me," she threw her shoes aside and padded against the floorboards, then stopped as she kneeled down near the wall.

"Granger, are you sure -"

"Yes!" she mouthed back and pulled the floor board up, revealing a dozen of snacks that are in packets.

"Oh bloody hell, that's brilliant," Draco said, amused.

Scooping it out together, they returned to their original spot and started tearing it open, stuffing food into their mouths.

"Wow these are really good."

"They're my favourite. I'm just giving them to you because your my friend."

Hermione took her robes off and acted like it's a blanket. It was stuffy and as the night falls, it became colder. They bickered for a while longer about quidditch and partners, and Hermione was feeling terribly sleepy.

She cuddled herself with the blanket and shut her eyes tight. The day almost drained all her energy away.

Draco watched as she fell asleep, mumbling some spells time to time.

"Hermione, who do you think you are? Being so kind to me when I acted like rubbish to you and offering me food! What's got into you? You're not suppose to like me.. I'm a Slytherin," he talked to himself, assuming that she was asleep.

He eyed the empty packets and he threw them back to the floorboard, so no one would know that they ate something in the library.

God, she looked like she was cold. Should he.. No, he needs to keep his hands to himself. She wouldn't appreciate it, right? Okay, maybe she would rather than freeze to death.

Personally, he wasn't cold. His manor had been worse before, and he sometimes sleep in the basement if his dad invited some death eaters. If he broke a rule, he'll have to get his pillow and spent the night downstairs.

The thought made him shudder. He still couldn't shake the thought of Hermione lying down, being tortured and her eyes welled up in tears, hoping that he would help her.

Draco looked at Hermione, her face buried in her robes and her long hair covering her rosy red cheeks.

Never in a thousand years he would think that she was cute, but of course that was ridiculous. He reached out to pat her head, scooted nearer.

"I'm cold.." Hermione muttered in her dreams. She shifted to another sleeping position.

This was probably going to ruin his reputation as a slytherin and as the popular guy, but he didn't hesitate to do it anymore.

He reached out and cradled her, protecting Hermione with his arms.
Caressing her back, they fall asleep in each other's embrace.

*********
Hermione mumbled as the sunlight flashed across her eyes. It felt usually warm, and thinking it was her bed at the common room.

A few thoughts ran through her mind. Yesterday, Ron did her bandages but she was annoyed that he was flirting with Cho Chang..

Then she went to the library and study a whole bunch of history about the Ilvermorny school...and they were locked inside with... That ferret.

Yes, and she fell asleep with..

"Oh!" she scrambled away, kicking and screaming. Her body was paralysed with shock, what did he do to her? That pervert!

"Mmm what's going on?" Draco awoke by the kicking at his feet. Hermione bottom lip quivered and she snatched her handbag and broke into a run.

"Hermione! Wait!" he too, followed her and Madam Pince was shoved aside when she turned opened the library.

But Hermione didn't have time to listen anymore. He took advantage of her trust and now she fled till she was away from him.