- 2 -

Luke's POV:

I scowl as I lean back against the brick wall, rolling a cigarette between my fingers. Normally I love skipping class, but today is different.

"Why are we here?" Calum sighs, running a hand impatiently through his dark hair. "If I miss any more classes I'll be benched for the next game so this better be important."

I roll my eyes. Him and his goddamn soccer team. Isn't that precious.

Ashton looks over at Michael, raising an eyebrow at the other boy to explain.

I wouldn't necessarily call us all friends. It's more of a mutual agreement to raise some hell on weekends and over the summer. Do a couple of drugs, drink a little, hook up with a few girls. But we never advertise our "friendship." Association with any one of them would ruin whatever reputation I've built, not to mention my own resolve. I don't need friends. I don't need anyone. People always end up betraying you anyways.

"I broke up with Cora today," Michael mutters, not meeting anyone's eyes.

I almost snort. "This is what you called us out here for? Mike, you're always breaking up with Cora."

Michael scowls and looks like he would love to shove my head in a toilet. I'd like to see him try.

"Yeah, I know, dickwad," he snaps. "But this time I had to." Michael sighs heavily as he adds in a quieter voice, "I hooked up with her sister because I was incredibly drunk and thought it was her. It's only a matter of time until she finds out what I did, since her sister has been calling me nonstop and sending me all these texts. But I can't have her break up with me because that would ruin my reputation."

"Do you love her?" Ashton asks him gently. Ashton's always been the nicest out of all of us.

Michael looks absolutely miserable. "I think so."

Calum grins, looking between all of us. "You know what this situation calls for, don't you?"

Ashton's hazel eyes widen and he shakes his head. "Oh no, not again."

"Oh yes," Cal throws back. "It's the only way Mikey here is ever going to get over Cora. It helped Ashton get over Maddie, didn't it?"

Ashton winces slightly at her name, but doesn't say anything.

"I don't know..." Michael says slowly. "I don't think kissing a bunch of girls is going to help me."

I stomp on my cigarette to put it out, leaning over to pat Mike's shoulder. "Take it from someone who knows," I start with a sly grin. "It helps."

"Oh really?" Michael shoots back a bit too sharply. "When have you ever been in love?"

I flinch from his words, a distant memory flashing in front of my eyes. But I push it away before anyone can notice, forcing another grin on my face. "You don't need to be in love when you have dozens of girls lining up for you."

Everyone's quiet for a minute before Calum speaks up, glancing back and forth between Michael and Ashton. "So are you guys in?"

Michael hesitates, before shrugging. "Oh what the hell, I'm in."

We all turn to Ashton.

He sighs and gives in. "Fine."

"All right boys," Calum starts with a wide grin. "You know what to do. You have until the end of the month. Let the games begin."