- 6 -

"Ugh," Lindsay groans as she slides into her seat at our lunch table, sunglasses hiding her eyes and her hair in a messy bun. "Why did I drink that much?" She puts her head on the table, pulling the hood of her sweatshirt up over her head. "Just leave me here to die," she moans.

Kayla winces as the bell rings, signaling the start of lunch. "Why did we even go to a party when we had school the next day? Every sound hurts."

Natalie smirks as she takes a bite of her strawberries. Glancing over at me with a frown, she asks, "How did you get home, Emmy? You don't have a license."

I make a face as I pretend to be interested in my lunch. I kinda just want to forget about what happened last night. Luke certainly doesn't care enough to even bother acting like we spent all of an hour together at a party.

"Um," I start awkwardly. "Luke gave me a ride home."

Lindsay's head snaps up. "Luke Hemmings?" she screeches.

I nod slowly.

"Luke Hemmings gave you a ride home? What the hell did you do at that party?" Kayla exclaims.

I blush furiously. "Nothing. He... Well there was Calum who came and dragged me to where him and his friends who were playing truth or dare and Luke was there and he soft of found me afterward and I kinda told him that he wasn't my type and... I don't know, he just ended up giving me a ride home."

"Damn and I thought my life was messed up," Lindsay mutters.

Natalie's eyes are wide behind her glasses. She opens her mouth to say something, but someone interrupts her.

"There's my new best friend!"

Someone flops down into the chair next to me, throwing a casual arm around my shoulders. I turn to see Luke Hemmings sitting beside me, reaching his free hand over to grab a pretzel from my lunch.

"What are you doing?" I blurt without thinking.

He frowns as he steals another pretzel. "I'm eating a pretzel, what does it look like I'm doing?" When I raise an eyebrow at him, he takes his arm off my shoulders and leans forward. "Em, you have nothing to worry about. I'm just a guy that's not your type who only has a bribed reputation and a small dick."

I laugh, forgetting all about his fuck boy status. He's just the same boy I teased last night. The same one who has a messy car and likes All Time Low.

My friends all look at me like I'm crazy. They look at Luke like he's an exhibit in a zoo.

"Calum's still upset that you hung out with me instead of him," Luke continues, taking another pretzel. I push the bag toward him, knowing that he'll end up eating them all anyways.

"It's not like I left him to hook up with you. You're not even my type," I add with a smile, nudging his shoulder with mine. It's easy to talk to Luke. I've always been slow to open up to people but I feel like I've known him my whole life.

Luke rolls his eyes, but he's smiling. "I still don't believe you. How could I not be your type?"

"It's probably the small dick," I say with a grin.

"I do not have a small dick," he whines, frowning at me around a pretzel. The frown disappears behind a smirk as he leans closer and says in a low voice, "Allow me to prove it to you."

Now it's my turn to roll my eyes. I shove his shoulder away from me playfully. "Still not going to happen, Hemmings."

"A guy can dream." He gets to his feet, scooping up the bag of pretzels as an afterthought. "I'm taking these with me. Catch you later, Emmy."

As soon as he's out of earshot, Lindsay nearly screams, "What the fuck was that?!"

I glance back over my shoulder at Luke's retreating form as he exits the cafeteria, probably heading off to find someone to give him a quick blowjob before next period. "I have no idea."

A/N: This chapter kinda sucks but how are you guys? It's almost the end of the week, thank god. I need a weekend so bad right now.

Vote and comment for me!!

-A

The Bet || l.h.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara