- 7 -

The bell rings to signal third period and I grab my things and head outside, deciding to spend my free block on the bleachers instead of cooped up inside stuffy classrooms any longer. Maybe I could get through the new album that one of my favorite bands just put out.

I set my backpack down and hunt for my earbuds, but a voice startles me out of my thoughts.

"Hey, Emmy!"

I look to see Calum Hood waving at me, his dark hair wavy and messy from all the rain we've been getting recently. He's wearing gray sweatpants and a sweatshirt, an extra pair of shoes hooked on his finger. I distantly remember someone saying something about him being on the soccer team.

Feeling a blush creeping up my neck, I shyly wave back at him. Is what Luke said at lunch about Calum being upset that I didn't hang out with him last night true?

"You're in for a real treat today, Em," Calum went on, grinning up at me. "I know you've always wanted to see my expert soccer skills live in person. Just so you know, I have some other pretty great skills, but you're gonna have to take off that cute little skirt of yours if you'd like to witness them up close."

I blush even harder, hoping that he can't see how red my face is from down on the field. "Yeah, yeah, whatever. Let's see you back up these soccer skills of yours."

"Just know that if you like what you see, it could easily all be yours." Calum winks at me as he takes off his sweatpants.

I start to panic before I realize that he has a pair of shorts underneath. He chuckles at the look on my face as he laces up his cleats and starts kicking a ball around the field.

I roll my eyes as he starts showing off, practicing moves that I would never be able to do. He grins like he knows exactly what he's doing, his gorgeously tanned skin exposed more than it should be given how cold it is.

I don't even register someone else's presence until they sit down beside me.

"Oh so I'm not your type but Calum is?" Luke says with a frown. His blue eyes are so different from the all black he wears every day, burning a hole in my mind.

I hit his shoulder with mine playfully. "Don't tell me you're jealous," I tease.

"Then I guess I won't say anything," he says tightly, still frowning.

I drop the smile, not quite sure what he means by that.

"See you later, Emmy," Luke says harshly as he gets to his feet, an unreadable expression on his face. "If you're not too busy making out with Calum, that is." He shoves his hands in the pockets of his leather jacket and starts down the metal bleachers.

Before I really know what I'm doing, I get to my feet and rush after him, jumping in front of him to stop him. "Luke, c'mon, I didn't mean it like that," I say. "Calum just wanted to show off his soccer skills."

He doesn't say anything for a second, his crystal blue eyes flickering all over my face. A slow smile tugging at his lips, he raises an eyebrow and crosses his arms over his chest. "Tell me that you think I'm hot," he says.

"What?" I choke out, surprised.

"You heard me. Tell me you think I'm hot." Luke takes a step forward, his lips brushing my ear as he leans in even closer. I inhale sharply as I feel his warm breath against my skin. "Tell me that you were lying before when you said I wasn't your type." He steps even closer so that we're on the same level, his body almost pressed up against mine. Through the layers of our clothes, I can feel the warmth radiating off of him. Luke places his hands on my hips, squeezing me there gently, coaxing a soft gasp out of me that makes him smirk. "Tell me that your heart speeds up when I touch you."

I swallow hard, taking a step back from him, hoping he can't hear how loud my heart is pounding. "I'm not going to tell you any of that," I say, crossing my own arms over my chest, scowling slightly. I push the thought of his hands on me out of my mind, but my body still burns from his touch. "It'd be rude to lie."

His eyes study me carefully and, for a second, I'm afraid he can see through me. After a second, he nods and breaks the spell between us. "If you change your mind, Emmy, I'm always free," he calls over his shoulder as he steps around me, lighting a cigarette and placing it between his teeth as he walks off.

I sigh as I sink down onto the bleachers. I don't think anything's confused me more than Luke Hemmings. I was constantly torn between punching him in the face and giving in to his flirting.

I didn't have the time for this. He was so aggravating. 

A/N: Sorry it's taken me so long to update this :( 

If you're still reading, you rock

Adios bitchachos, stay your awesome punk rock selves

- A