- 25 -

"Hurry up, bitches!" Michael yells as he sticks his head out the window. "We're burning daylight!"

"Just be lucky I'm high and can't get angry that easily," Calum grumbles as he climbs in the car, tossing his bag to Ashton who puts it in the back with everyone else's.

"I want shotgun!" Ash shouts as he closes the trunk.

"Sorry, that seat's saved for Natalie," Michael says, winking at my friend. 

She blushes but moves to the front, causing Michael's face to light up.

Lindsay is the back of the rental car Michael got so that we can fit all of us. She pulls Calum over the row of three in the middle to the back with her. 

Ashton pouts at not getting to sit in the front, climbing into the back where there are sure to be drugs.

I take the middle seat in the second row, squished in between Kayla and Luke.

"I downloaded a couple movies in case they're annoying," Luke murmurs to me, his lips brushing my ear.

I try to laugh, but it sounds more like a whimper. He smirks, pressing a quick kiss to the skin behind my ear as he pulls away.

"I can think of a few ways to pass the time," Calum says as he turns to Lindsay, grinning crookedly.

She rolls her eyes at him but allows him to put an arm around her shoulders, snuggling into his side. Ashton doesn't seem to be bothered by whatever is going on between them, sipping from a flask Lindsay packed.

Kayla puts in her earbuds, nodding her head to the music as she texts Ethan.

"Are you sure you don't want to switch rooms?" Michael asks Natalie in a devious tone. "I'll have you know that late at night, I turn into a cuddler."

Luke leans forward and smacks Michael in the back of the head. "What is wrong with you?" he asks.

"Darling, my moral compass broke a long time ago," Michael informs him with a grin as he turns onto the highway. 

"But my offer still stands," he adds to Natalie.

"I'm gonna sign you up for therapy after this trip, Nat, don't worry," I tease, pretending to pull up the website on my phone.

Michael gives me a dark look. "You're just jealous you can't get any of this."

"Why would I want it?" I say, moving closer to Luke. "I already have a hot boyfriend, thank you very much."

Luke grins, sticking his tongue out at Michael.

"Oh please," Michael grumbles, rolling his eyes. "He only looked twice at you because-"

He cuts himself off abruptly as the mood in the car changes. All four of the boys tense, mouths pressed into tight lines.

I frown. "What do you mean?"

"I meant because you were the only girl that wasn't begging him for sex," Michael scoffs.

Luke chews on his lip ring, relaxing slightly.

"How far away is your uncle's lake house?" Lindsay whines from the back seat. "I don't think I can be trapped in this car with Calum for very long."

"You look awfully comfortable back there for someone who hates him," Natalie mutters, talking about how Lindsay's practically curled up on Calum's lap. 

Lindsay glares at her.

"Says the one who has Michael's hand on her thigh," she grumbles.

Natalie turns dark red.