- 23 -

"Alright, I'm gonna go hit the keg, you guys go ahead and look for those loveable idiots we're supposed to find." Lindsay adjusts her hair, running her tongue across her teeth to check for lipstick stains.

I roll my eyes and link my arm through Natalie's pulling her with me into the crowd. "Let's just hope that at least someone stays sober enough to drive," I mutter.

She giggles.

I'm about to head to the back of the house when a voice calls out, "Emmy!"

A familiar pair of arms go around my waist, tugging me closer.

"There you are," Luke murmurs in my ear as he presses a kiss under my jaw.

I smile as I twist around in his arms to face him. "I couldn't let you have all the fun."

He smiles as his blue eyes flicker over my face as if to memorize it. "Well it wasn't much fun until you showed up. You look amazing by the way," he adds as his gaze travels down to the outfit Lindsay managed to shove me into.

I blush, ducking my head a little. "Thanks."

I reach up to adjust his snapback teasingly and he makes a face, playfully batting my hand away.

"Em, come sit down with us!" Calum motions toward the little cluster of seats they'd claimed near the corner of the room.

Ashton has his arm around a girl with strawberry blonde hair, giggling at something he said. Michael's eyes scan Natalie's dress appreciatively and she blushes as he pats the space beside him on the small couch.

Luke pulls me toward the loveseat he was sitting in, pulling my legs onto his lap as we sit down.

"Where's the charming Lindsay Martin?" Calum asks, his eyes searching the crowd.

"She went to check out the keg first," I say, hiding a smile as I roll my eyes. "I hope one of you is planning on driving because she's going to be absolutely hammered at the end of the night."

"I got it," Luke says, leaning back. "I'm usually the designated driver for obvious reasons."

Michael frowns as he reaches forward to tap Luke's leg. "Hey, man, don't worry about it. I promise I'll take all of your shifts for a month once you get better."

Luke tries to smile, but it doesn't quite seem real.

I slip my hand into his and he squeezes mine.

"Anyone wanna play a game?" Calum asks, a grin tugging at his lips.

Ashton glances away from the girl that's nearly on his lap by now. "Sure. Never I Have Ever? Whoever has done it has a sip of tequila? Luke, you don't have to drink if you don't want to."

Michael grins as he slyly slinks an arm onto the back of the couch behind Natalie. "I'll start." He clears his throat dramatically and I roll my eyes. "Never have I ever had sex with a teacher."

Calum shoots him a dirty look as he takes a sip from the bottle of tequila.

"I'm next!" Ashton says, adjusting his seat. "Never have I ever cheated on my girlfriend."

Michael winces as he takes the bottle from Calum.

The girl next to Ashton pipes up, tearing her attention away from him. "Never have I ever had sex with someone who's the same gender as me."

Ashton and Calum exchange a glance before taking swigs from the bottle.

"Never have I ever gone commando," Calum says.