- 12-

"How can I help yo- Oh hey Emmy!" Calum smiles wide at me across the counter. I wasn't expecting to see the dark-haired boy taking orders at Starbucks, but I find that I'm pleasantly surprised.

"Hey, Calum," I greet shyly. "How's it going?"

He shrugs, running a hand through his hair. "Good. I'm just trying to make a little extra money before Thanksgiving so I can fly my sister home for the holidays." At my confused expression, he adds, "She's at college in New York and we haven't had the money for her to come down here in forever."

"That's so sweet of you," I say. "I'll have hot chocolate, please," I add, dropping a few coins in the tip jar. Calum beams at me as he rings up my order.

I pay for my drink and go to wait for it.

Calum slides me the finished cup, a big smile on his face. "Oh, and, Emmy? There's a party tonight at my place. You should come. I trust you to find the address," he adds with a quick wink.

I blush and pick up my drink, walking to the front of the store. As soon as I step out into the cold, I send a text to the group chat.

From Emmy:

Does anyone know where Calum Hood lives?

****

I nervously fidget with my hair as I hop out of the car. Lindsay pockets her keys as she runs a tube of lipstick over her mouth. Natalie and Kayla both passed on the party. Natalie said she had homework and Kayla was out with Ethan.

"You ready, Em?" Lindsay asks me and I nod.

As soon as we step inside, she's being yanked away from me. I walk around in circles trying to find someone I know. Where is Calum? This is his house after all. I could use a friendly face right about now.

"Emmy!"

I look up to see a pair of familiar hazel eyes as Ashton throws an arm around my shoulder.

"There you are! Glad you decided to come."

I frown at him, but before I can say anything, Calum appears.

"Emmy!" he exclaims excitedly. "Come on, we were just about to start a game!"

I let them pull me into a separate room, where a few other people have gathered. Michael is tossing down a row of shots when we walk in. Glancing up at us, he breaks into a grin and walks over. He offers all of us shots. Ashton and Calum toss theirs down without hesitation. I look at the glass in my hand before tipping it back.

"Way to go, Em!" Michael cheers when I cough as the liquid goes down my throat. He passes me another shot and I throw it back. He hands me shots until I sway slightly on my feet.

"Hey, have you guys seen Luke? I can't find him anywhere," Michael says with a slight frown.

I feel a little bit dizzy. "Luke's here?"

Calum gives me an apologetic look. "I'm sorry, Emmy, I didn't mean to-"

"It's fine," I say a bit too sharply. I duck out of Ashton's reach and his arm falls away from my shoulders. "I think I'm gonna go, I actually remembered that I have some homework-"

"Come on, Emmy, stay," Michael whines. "Please? We're all here to have fun."

I sigh. I can't stand the knowledge that Luke is in here somewhere too, probably making out with some random slut he's going to ditch before the weekend's over. But I'm tired of staying home.

"Fine," I say. The boys all cheer.

"Let's play spin the bottle!" someone shouts.

I anxiously sit down by Calum, who gives me a reassuring smile. Ashton sets a bottle of vodka in the middle of the circle and spins it. It lands on a girl in my calculus class and she giggles as he kneels in front of her and presses their lips together.

I zone out for a bit as guys and girls take turns spinning the bottle. I blink when the bottle lands on me. Calum grins sheepishly as he turns to me. I swallow down whatever nerves I have and close my eyes, leaning towards him. He's not bad, his plump lips moving in sync with mine.

I pull back and move to the center of the circle, my shaky hands closing around the bottle as I spin it. My heart's beating practically out of my chest when it finally comes to a stop. I follow where it's pointing, my stomach dropping as my eyes lock on a pair of familiar blue ones.

Don't chicken out, I tell myself.

I grit my teeth and stride over to him, kissing him hard. Luke's eyes fly open in surprise as he kisses me back, his hands tangling in my hair. I know I shouldn't, but I can't seem to pull away from him. His hands travel down my back, resting at my waist where they pull me tight against him.

"I'm still mad at you," I mumble as I smash our mouths together once more.

He nips gently at my bottom lip. "I know."

Someone yells something about us getting a room, but I'm not paying attention. Luke's tongue slides into my mouth and I bite back a moan. Even when I'm furious with him, he's capable of making me fall for him. I hate the hold he has over me.

I run my tongue along Luke's lower lip, yanking gently on his lip ring with my teeth. He groans, pulling me harder against him. I slip my hands underneath his T-shirt, my fingers running over the smooth muscles of his stomach. I push up onto my tiptoes to kiss him better, but he pulls away from me.

"Emmy, look, let me explain," he starts.

"Shut up, Hemmings," I say, cutting him off with another kiss. I don't want to talk about who's mad at who and why. I just need his lips on mine.

Luke spins us around so my back is pressed against the wall, his arms pinning me there. I jump up and wrap my legs around his waist so our heads are on a more even plane, leaving a line of sloppy kisses down his neck. His breath hitches in his throat when I kiss the soft spot beneath his ear, my lips ghosting over his jawline.

"Fuck, Em," he breathes.

I keep going, kissing down to his exposed collarbone. He lets out a soft groan as I start sucking at the space there, leaving a mark behind as I continue up his neck.

Luke pushes off from the wall and stumbles down the hallway, slipping into a room branching off of the hallway. My back hits a mattress and I arch up against him, pressing my lips to his once more. His bottom lip fits perfectly between mine like it was made to.

I pull his shirt up over his head with confidence I didn't know was there. Maybe the shots I took have gone straight to my head.

I let my eyes trail over his perfectly toned muscles, running a hand gently down his chest. Luke closes his eyes in pleasure. He grabs my hand in his, holding it above his racing heart. "This is all for you," he murmurs as he brings our lips together once more.

"Luke," I say softly as he attaches his lips to my jaw, kissing down to the place where my neck meets my shoulder.

"Mhm," he hums against my skin.

"I hate how bad I need you," I moan as he starts sucking on the skin there.

He brings his lips back up to mine, kissing the corner of my mouth. "Me too."