Chapter 85 [The Price Of Displaying Arrogance]

Baishao also ran her fingers on the embroidered patterns on the fabric. A while ago, the dresses for the feast had been sent over from the palace since a while ago.

After touching the embroidery work, she began to complain the work was not as exquisite as her own.

In a fit of excitement, Lin Mengya casually asked Baiji and made another embroidered dress for her.

She totally did not expect this maid to really rush to make a new one for her.

"It's not entirely because I have the best embroidery skills, it is mostly because you, my mistress, are appreciative of me."

Baiji replied as her pretty little face blushed.

Lin Mengya looked at Baiji with a smile, as she noticed that her maidservant's eyes were blood red from any days of working on the embroidery.

"There's no need to be so modest. Ever since you came to me, all my clothes had been through your skillful hands and they were much more fitting nowadays."

These three maidservants had become her confidante.

Baiji was had delicate hands which worked through all of her jewelry, clothes, and shoes.

Baishao was bold and gradually she was put in charge of Lin Mengya's personal financial accounts. She was the person dealing with the servants from the other courtyards within the mansion.

Baizhi, although greedy for food, was a faithful servant. She was the one who watched over the preparation of Lin Mengya's diet.

With these three maidservants, she need not worry about people who were up to no good, coming into Liuxin Courtyard to do anything funny.

"Isn't that so true? Big sister Baiji is the best. She was the one who made Baishao and me our shoes!"

Baizhi brought a bowl of eight-treasure porridge and set it on the table.

"So what if I'm good at needlework? You are so good with making the almond cookies. Miss, Baizhi is really too greedy. A few days ago, I had just custom made a winter coat for her, but it looked like now she can't even button it up."

Baiji patted Baizhi's head and they all burst out laughing.

Lin Zhongyu, who was standing by the table, practicing calligraphy, was laughing so hard that the ink dripped all over the table.

"How dare all of you laughed at me? I'm going to stop preparing nice food for you!"

Baizhi pouted, pretending to look angry.

Actually, she started off being wary of the two older maidservants.

However, she grew to put her trust in them over time.

"Alright, we won't laugh at you. Tonight Baishao will be accompanying me to the palace. Do you want to tag along, Xiaoyu?"

To him, it was not a fun thing to go into the palace. Not only did he have to meet the queen, but he would also be meeting up with the Crown Prince.

However, it was necessary for Xiaoyu to be familiar with the social circle of the aristocrats in the capital city. This was going to be an eye-opener for him.

"Of course I'm going along. Those people will be there and I'm afraid they would bully you, my big sister."

Only a few months had passed and Xiaoyu's character seemed to have matured.

The Xiaoyu of the past was likened to a lone wolf. He would snarl at everyone and everything.

However, Lin Mengya realized that recently, this lone wolf had evolved into a valiant tiger which knew when to hide its claws.