Chapter 89 [Don't Touch What Belongs to Me]

"Alright, Bei, why don't you go around to see if there is anyone whom you fancy. Just come back and tell us."

King Ming did not seem bothered by what happened. To him, it was just a minor episode which did not affect him at all.

Lin Mengya was beginning to feel perplexed. By right, King Ming would have known of this plan regarding Lin Mengwu.

However, why did King Ming seemed to have no reaction to Lin Mengwu and what happened to her?

Unless he was hiding it so well that even Lin Mengya could not tell from looking at him?

If this were the case, King Ming would be a very sophisticated personality.

"Yes, Father."

Hu Tianbei got up from his seat and with a cup of wine in his hand, he began walking through the crowd.

He was already a very handsome man, coupled with his elegant clothes, he looked especially noble and charming.

There was not a hint of uncouthness in him and he instantly won the hearts of the many young ladies present.

There were even some of the bolder young ladies who braced themselves to look him in the eye.

Lin Mengya was almost certain that King Ming and the Queen had conspired with each other without Hu Tianbei's knowledge on this matter.

In fact, it was easy to see that the plan was for the Queen to give King Ming a daughter-in-law, who could act as a spy other than building a closer relationship between the two nations. How could King Ming be unaware of this?

If King Ming decided to be unfaithful, it would be made known to the daughter-in-law for sure.

However, if any accident happened to Lin Mengwu, he would be the one to shoulder the blame. Although it may seem that he was bringing home a daughter-in-law, in actuality, he was bringing home a forefather.

Moreover, he must have seen through Lin Mengwu's intention just now.

How would she be a good consort for the crown prince if she was a lady who threw herself at other men in front of so many pairs of eyes?

By that time perhaps the entire royal family would become a laughing stock in the western vassal state.

After what happened just now, Hu Tianbei probably did not have a good impression of Dajin women anymore.

Lin Mengya was most disagreeable to the marriage of convenience. In case of a discord between the two nations.

The innocent consort would be the one to suffer most.

The unfortunate thing was, she was not in power to make the decision.

Unexpectedly, Hu Tianbei did not put down the cup of wine on the table in front of any lady after walking around the banquet hall.

In fact, he had made his way to the place where the Dajin royal family members were seated.

The Queen frowned and wondered if he had his eyes on a princess.

Although that was not a big problem, she would prefer it to be Lin Mengwu, who would be very useful to her.

Hu Tianbei did not fancy any of the princesses. He walked up to Lin Mengya instead.

He placed his cup of wine in front of Lin Mengya on the table and started to talk while all the people looked shocked.

"The other day, I bumped into the maidservant of a noble lady. After asking around, I discovered that this maidservant was Princess Yu's maid. I'm wondering if Princess Yu would be willing to give her to me as my consort?"