Chapter 118 [ Yue Mansion's Past]

Once Lin Mengya entered the tent, what came into sight was Uncle Yue sitting on a chair.

It had only been a few days since she last saw Uncle Yue, but he seemed to have aged a lot.

"Daddy, are you alright, Daddy?"

Yue Qi dashed across the tent and threw herself into Uncle Yue's arms. However, she was not shedding a tear.

"Qi'er, Daddy's alright. How is your elder sister?"

Since Yue Ting's mishap, Uncle Yue had been shutting himself up in the tent. Regardless of the rampant rumors, he held on to the belief that his daughter would never do such things as what was rumored.

Nevertheless, whatever happened had already happened. He could not bring himself to face up to the people.

"Elder Sister... She is alright. Elder Sister Lin had been taking very good care of her. All the people from Prince Yu's Mansion treated her kindly."

Yue Qi stole a glance at Lin Mengya, and then determinedly hid her sorrowful countenance.

She knew that Elder Sister Lin was right. She was her daddy's only hope now, so she had to be strong. She would not allow becoming the laughingstock of the people all around anymore.

"That's good, that's good. You may go, Daddy has something to discuss with Princess Yu."

Yue Qi nodded and left the tent.

Finally, Lin Mengya and Mr. Yue were the only ones left in the tent of the Yues.

"Rest assured, Uncle Yue. I'll make sure that Elder Sister Yue Ting will not suffer any further wrong while she stays with me."

Sitting on the chair, Lin Mengya quietly offered some words of comfort.

However, Mr. Yue was wearing a miserable look of deep regret on his face as he took in a deep breath.

"This is all my fault; it's all my fault!"

His aged voice was filled with sorrow and remorse, while Lin Mengya chose to keep quiet. She did not expect Mr. Yue to suddenly raise the secret from ten years ago.

"Actually, my wife did not give birth to Ting'er and Qi'er, or I should say, they were not born of this evil woman!"

Lin Mengya could sense an awkward atmosphere.

There was a reason for Mr. Yue to take a few concubines.

When Mr. Yue was younger, he was listed among the most good-looking men. He was also learned in all kinds of knowledge, but he was definitely not a promiscuous man.

"How could..."

"When Meiyi and I were first married, we lived like a loving couple. Although subsequently, we bore our two daughters, Ting'er and Qi'er, we continued to live a sweet, wonderful life together until the summer 10 years ago.

That year, his wife's health deteriorated quickly after giving birth to Yue Qi.

During that one month's time when she was recuperating in her mother's house, the grievous news of her sister's drowning came to her one day.

Because Mrs. Yue had a very close relationship with her sister, she could not take the blow and her health deteriorated further. Subsequently, she remained in her mother's house for half a year to recuperate.

Mr. Yue who loved his wife dearly was agreeable to her extended stay at her mother's house.

Little did he expect that Mrs. Yue's temperament changed drastically when returned from her mother's house. This Mr. Yue realized over time.