Chapter 114 [Saddening Your Loved Ones, but Delighting Your Enemies]

Hey guys it's Ang, I just wanna apologise to you all regarding not updating. My school has reopened and online school is real difficult and my exams are this month but I would be updating more now and would make more time for it. Deepest apologies to everyone. 🥺💖
******************************************

"We've been waiting for a good opportunity all this while. However, that opportunity we've been waiting for is too far away. Qinghan, we need to change our mindset."

Long Tianhao looked serious and he was not joking.

Looking at the expression on his Third Elder Brother's face, Long Qinghan suddenly felt that his limbs were totally paralyzed, as if he had a huge blow.

He could not bring himself to even utter any words of comfort.

He smiled, ridiculing himself. He was not as wise as his Third Elder Brother after all.

"I get it, Third Elder Brother. You're right."

On one hand, the Crown Prince was a licentious and corrupt person, on the other hand, the Queen had all the power over the court and its politics.

If they let the two continue in this state, both his Third Elder and he was as good as going down the path leading to death.

"It's getting late, rest soon."

Long Qinghan glanced at his Third Elder Brother once again, then he gave a helpless smile.

"Why don't you come over to my tent to spend the night? I'm afraid you can't go back to yours for now."

Long Qinghan's statement pointed out the fact that Long Tianhao was left with no other choice.

Indeed now was not the best time for him to go back.

"Let's go. Do you have some wine over at your tent?"

The two of them rode on their horses and left, leaving behind the imperial guards who were guarding the tent at the middle.

When Lin Mengya entered her tent through the curtain, holding the baby white tiger in her arms, she saw the group of maidservants surrounding the woman lying on the bed.

"Oh god, finally you're back, Miss."

Baishao rushed up to Lin Mengya the moment she appeared, with anxiety written all over her face.

"Why? What happened to Elder Sister Yueting?"

Lin Mengya passed the baby tiger to Baishao and dashed towards the bed.

What came into sight was Elder Sister Yueting in a daze, staring at some void space. She looked like a wooden puppet which was devoid of life.

Her arms and legs were tied up using cloth made of cotton, but there were red marks of bruises around her snow-white wrists.

"Who did this? Who?"

"I did it."

It was Qinghu's voice that sounded. For some reason, his voice lacked the usual confidence and strength today.

However, Lin Mengya did not notice this. The moment she saw the pale looking Qinghu, she lifted her hand and it came down on Qinghu's cheek hard.

"Clap!" A crisp sound echoed through the air, which shocked everyone in the tent.

Qinghu did not attempt to dodge from her hand but quietly took the slap.

"Didn't I instruct you to watch Hu Lunan closely? Look at what happened. Don't tell me you just did reach out to save her as you looked on?"