C136 [I Will Listen to You]

"Get along with me? What do you mean, mother? Isn't Princess Ming Yue returning to the western vassal state with King Ming in a while?"

Lin Mengya pretended not to understand the message Concubine De was trying to convey as she looked at her with widened, puzzled eyes.

Concubine De did not think much of it. Her mouth turned up at its corners, forming a gentle smile.

"It is King Ming's intention to look for a family for Princess Ming Yue to marry into, and it just happened that she had her eyes on Yu'er. I'm aware that you two are still newlyweds and this is not totally appropriate, but it is difficult to turn King Ming down."

Lin Mengya was relieved to learn from Concubine De's tone that this matter was still not firmed up, but was only at the stage of discussion.

"Ya'er thinks that this would depend on Prince Yu's opinion. I'm merely a woman, how would I know of such things?"

She knew Long Tianhao too well. No one could force him into anything he did not want to do.

By then, she would dissuade Long Tianhao, so it would be impossible to Princess Ming Yue to marry him.

Concubine De was immediately reminded of her son's character.

Back at that time, Long Tianhao would not have given in to the Queen, if she had not threatened him with Concubine De's life.

"Sigh, what you said is right. This critical factor had slipped my mind. Oh yes, could you do mother a favor?"

She had seen with her own eyes the strong and intimate relationship between Yu'er and Ya'er.

As she reflected, that was exactly the kind of cordial and mutually respectful relationship she shared with the Emperor.

For this reason, she supposed Yu'er would listen to Ya'er.

"Mother, are you asking Ya'er to help persuade the prince?"

Lin Mengya looked to be put in a difficult situation. However, after she paused to ponder for a while, she eventually nodded unwillingly.

"Although I can't guarantee if I would succeed in persuading the prince, I'll try my best."

She had carefully concealed the triumphant look in her eyes. Lin Mengya secretly promised herself that she would totally dissuade Long Tianhao to marry Princess Ming Yue.

"Sigh, it would be great if Lin Lang is here. Yu'er listens to her most. It's just too bad she's not here."

Concubine De's words shook Lin Mengya up a little.

She tried suppressing the sour and bitter feeling in her heart and forced herself to look indifferent, and she began to inquire about Long Tianhao.

"Mother, I've heard the prince talk about Princess Linlang, but who is she?"

Concubine De gave her a look then shook her head and said, "That child, Lin Lang grew up with Yu'er. However, later on... forget this, this matter could not be explained clearly in a few sentences. I think you should go, I'm tired."

Lin Mengya nodded and left obediently.

The name Lin Lang was like a thorn, piercing into her heart.

Even Concubine De knew that Long Tianhao only listened to Lin Lang, and moreover they had grown up together, maybe—

All of a sudden, she felt an emptiness in her heart, as if a part of it had been dug out.

In reality, she had been deceiving herself and others.

"What happened, master?"

Baizhi tugged at Lin Mengya's sleeve as she gazed at her master with a worried look.