Chapter 133 [Lin Mengya, the Nurse on the Battleground]

Upon looking at the casualties in the courtyards, Zhu Aizhi was moved with compassion.

"We are running short of medicinal herbs for the injured and clean cotton for cleaning the wounds. Will you be able to make a trip into the capital city overnight to get supplies? Oh yes, there's a pharmacy in the city with a shopkeeper who is an old friend of mine. Just tell him that Prince Yu's Mansion is in need of these medicinal herbs and he will definitely comply."

Lin Mengya gave the physician's prescription to General Zhu.

"Rest assured, Princess. I will make sure to accomplish the mission you entrusted to me."

Zhu Aizhi, accompanied by his trusted aide, set out on the journey into the capital city to fetch the medical supplies.

At the moment, the floor of the courtyard was occupied by wounded soldiers waiting for medical attention. However, without the necessary medical supplies, Lin Mengya would be unable to help them.

"Will the four of you come over here?"

After pondering for a while, Lin Mengya made a last-minute decision to go into the woods to pick herbs that would help the wounded soldiers.

As soon as she voiced out her thoughts, all four maids objected to the idea.

"It's really dark now. What would you do if you met any wild beasts in the woods?"

Baizhi was the one who opposed this idea the strongest. She looked at Lin Mengya with wide-open eyes and shook her head violently.

Although the killers from the Peach Blossom Dock had retreated for now, who knew if they were still waiting for an opportunity to strike again?

"Moreover, unlike this place, the hilly terrain of the woods is difficult to navigate. It would be a serious problem if you got lost."

Back at home, Baishao would occasionally go into the hilly woods to pick hogweed and other herbs to supplement the medicine at home. Thus, she was very aware of the dangers inside the hilly woods.

"It's alright, I will take some men with me. I'm just going to look for some common herbs. It should not be a problem."

Lin Mengya had made up her mind, so the four maidservants failed to dissuade her.

In the end, Baisu and Baishao had to accompany her up the hills to look for the herbs.

Long Tianhao was talking, when he suddenly realized that Lin Mengya had disappeared.

He forced himself to get up and leave the room to look for her. Unfortunately, she was nowhere to be found.

"Where's Princess Yu?"

Everyone shook their heads. Just a moment ago, they had seen her going around and helping to bandage the wounds, yet in the blink of an eye, she was gone.

"We believe she has gone out to check on the soldiers there. That must be the case. She is such a kind soul."

The soldiers who had been attended to by Lin Mengya were filled with gratitude for her kindness.

The soldiers perked up when they smelled the strong aroma of the pot of meat, which also lured Snow and the baby tiger out of the room.

"Whose little white kitten and puppy are these? They look so adorable!"

The two little animals had been starving for an entire day. In fact, they had only drunk some water earlier.

Their animal instinct had made them emerge from the room to check out the smell.