Chapter 95 [Even the Mother-In-Law Refused to Give Face]

Yue Shilin was left with no choice and decided to take up Lin Mengya's offer anyhow.

Lin Mengya followed him into the deeper part of the mansion.

Lin Mengya remembered that she had been here with her father when she was young.

However, the situation had changed since and the people staying here had changed too.

"Big Sister Lin, do you really have a way to persuade my mother?"

Yueqi held on to Lin Mengya's hand and led the way in a hurry. She had more or less been raised by her elder sister so that relationship was especially intimate.

On top of that, Big Brother Lin, who was at the borders all year round, always sent interesting playthings to her and her elder sister.

For this reason, Yueqi was indeed very satisfied to have him as her big brother-in-law.

"I'm not totally confident. We'll have to play by ear."

Lin Mengya may have said to just go along with the flow, but she was definitely not one who would easily give up.

She was definitely not letting go of Sister Yueqi, her future sister-in-law, for the sake of her elder brother.

"Here it is. Mother had locked Big Sister's room door so that no one could get in."

Still sniffing, Yueqi stared at the door with a painful and dissatisfied look.

Lin Mengya put on a smile, walked up to the door and gave it a few knocks.

"Who's that? Madam had given instruction to keep everyone out. Have you not heard?"

A voice of rebuke sounded from the room all of a sudden. Even though Yue Shilin was a mild-tempered man, he could not stand it anymore.

He gave Lin Mengya an apologetic look, then his face turned severe as he cried out, saying,

"Are the words of Madam an imperial edict? In this house, I, Yue Shilin, the master would take no nonsense from a servant!"

When the servant in the room heard Yue Shilin's voice, she did not dare to say anything more.

When the servant opened the door, she saw a group of people standing outside the door.

Her eyes were especially attracted by a lady in court dress, whose sleeve was held by her Second Miss.

Although the young mistresses in the mansion were already exceptionally beautiful, they were not even half as beautiful as this lady.

She was like a fairy.

"I'm Princess Yu, a good friend of your young mistress. Please send for her to come and meet me."

Although the fairy sounded so gentle, her instructions were firm and unquestionable.

The servant had never seen someone of such high status, and in a panic, she turned to run to the main hall of the house.

"Quick, let Elder Miss Yue out of her room. Princess Yu is here to visit her!"

At the mention of Princess Yu, it sounded as if she was an awesome relative of the emperor, whom even their master was fearfully respectful towards.

However, before the guarding maid could open the door, a severe voice sounded from the courtyard outside.

"I was wondering who had come to show off her status?So it is Princess who was just in the limelight at the palace yesterday! I don't think you should meddle with how I discipline my daughter."