Chapter 115 [War of Words]

"Sorry, I..."

The more intimate a person was to her, the more Lin Mengya did not know what to say to him.

Snow finally awoke. Its rough tongue started licking Lin Mengya's finger. Its docile and sweet mannerism as totally unlike that of a wolf.

"Silly you, why did you apologize? That's not necessary between you and me."

Qinghu said with a smile as he stroked Lin Mengya's long hair.

She played along and rested her head on Qinghu's elbow pit. In her heart, Qinghu was as close to her as her elder brother.

"I didn't expect them to move so fast and be so despicable with their approach."

Having come from modern times, Lin Mengya was still considered infantile in these struggles between kingdoms.

Lin Mengya shuddered at the thought that even the royals of the western vassal state could act so despicable and filthy. She wondered how many more of such things would be waiting for her down the road.

"I told you. These people are like savage beasts. They are extremely vile and repulsive. You're far too pure and innocent."

The dissension and internal strife within the royal harems did not come in the form of open and straight forward dealings.

The so-called glory was only a facet which covered all the filthiness.

"I so want to protect everyone who matters to me. What should I do, Qinghu?"

Lin Mengya's heart was so unsettled that it had become a struggle for her, groping for what she should do.

With a pained look in his eyes, Qinghu stroked her long hair and with a tone of indifference, he said,

"This is a world in which people would cause you harm if you don't cause them harm. If you desire to protect everyone who matters to you, you can't wait for people to strike. Lass, do you know how Peach Blossom Dock became the number one organization for assassins in the bohemian?"

Lin Mengya shook her head. Qinghu rarely talked about the things regarding Peach Blossom Dock.

"It was because when Peach Blossom Dock was first established, all the more powerful assassins outside Peach Blossom Dock were annihilated.

What happened in the past had lost its original feel now when Qinghu spoke about them.

"Before that battle, Peach Blossom Dock did not allow any information leak." For this reason, the people in the martial realm were totally unprepared. From that time on, no one dared to go against Peach Blossom Dock.

Lin Mengya lifted her eyes to gaze at the mountain and forest afar off and her eyes twinkled with a strange radiance.

She had to remove all the obstacles in order to protect the people around her.

Be it the Crown Prince or the Queen, they had abused their powers to violate and ravage the integrity and destiny of anyone they wish to lay their hands on.

If she took away all the powers from them, they would not be able to bring harm to the people who mattered to her.

"I get it now. Thank you, Qinghu."

Her trembling and hesitant voice had turned to one with hopefulness and positivity. When Qinghu turned around, he could only see the hair on her head.

"Lass, I'll always stay by your side to protect you."

Qinghu had been through too much filthiness and corruption in the first half of his life. He was going to use the rest of his life, even if it was only three short years, to use his life to protect and guard her.