chapter eleven

"I'm not sure that I feel comfortable leaving with you, Harry." I force myself to say. Honestly, every cell in my body is exploding with happiness right now because I'll be alone with him, but I know that it's not right.

"I didn't ask how you felt about anything." He scoffs, opening the car door for me, and I let my heart sink as I sit in the passenger seat.

"You're not even supposed to be here."

"Well, you're not supposed to be messing around with demons, yet you do it anyway." He starts the car and pulls onto the street at a ridiculous speed, making my stomach flop.

"I don't mess around with anyone, Harry!"

"Did you meet up with Louis?"

"Well, yeah, but I was just-"

"It doesnt matter what you were doing. You met up with him, and that's completely stupid and irresponsible."

"How do you even know I met up with him?" 

"I have demons everywhere to keep an eye on things." He says, and I frown, "Don't worry about it, Tabitha."

"You're spying on me now?"

"Don't flatter yourself. I have these demons to make sure everything is going well around the town. Thank goodness I have them because otherwise, I wouldn't have known about Louis and you." He grips the steering wheel tighter at the mention of Louis' name.

"There's nothing going on romantically."

"You think I care if he's your boyfriend or not?" He openly laughs at me, and I shrink lower into my seat.

"I guess not."

"Hanging out with Louis is like hanging out with Lucifer." He ignores my words.

"Well, apparently I hung out with Lucifer as a child."

"He told you about that?" He takes his eyes off the road and stares at me with wide eyes.

"Yeah. Look, this seems like a waste of time, so if you could drive a little faster, that would be best for all of us."

 "When did you decide that you're in charge?" He says, and I feel the car's speed slow.

"That's not funny, Harry." I cross my arms over my chest and glare at him, but he doesn't stop smiling.

"I don't know what you're talking about. I'm not doing anything."

"You slowed down!"

"Do you know where liars go, Tabitha?" He asks with an enormous grin on his face.

"Cut the bullshit. This is a huge waste of time, I mean, you're not even discussing any sort of business with me."

"Alright, first order of business. You need to stop meeting up with Louis. He's nothing but trouble, and he'll hurt you in the worst ways possible."

"It's none of your business, though. If I get hurt, that's my mistake, and I'll learn from it, but you're not in my life anymore, so you can't try to look out for me."

"If he gets to you, he has a lot of power. I'm looking out for myself." His words are like a punch to the gut, and I feel like all the air in my lungs has been forced out.

"What can he do to you if he has me?" 

"More than you would think." 

"What's he doing here?"

"He's trying to get to you. Everyone is trying to get to you because they don't want me in charge." He sighs and turns into my neighborhood.

"What are you in charge of?"