𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞.

⋆° დ ༄ ADDICTED
chapter one. stepping stone.

Riley walks onto the intelligence unit, shrugging her coat off and putting it onto the back of her desk chair and walks into the break room to see her sister, Erin, pouring herself a cup of coffee and she smiles, grabbing a mug from the cabinet an...

Riley walks onto the intelligence unit, shrugging her coat off and putting it onto the back of her desk chair and walks into the break room to see her sister, Erin, pouring herself a cup of coffee and she smiles, grabbing a mug from the cabinet and holding it out.

Erin raises an eyebrow at her older sister and says, "Really?"

"Please" Riley begs, "I had a late night"

"Where's your Red Bull?"

"Back pocket" the older lindsay smiles.

"You and Sebastian fight again?" Erin asks, pouring the caffeine goodness into her sister's red mug. Riley nods and says, "Yeah"

"What was it about this time?" the detective asks, putting the pot back on the burner. Riley shakes her head and says, "Nothing, just stupid stuff"

"Ri, come on"

"That stuff'll kill you now, apparently" Jay Halstead says, walking into the break room and grabs a cup from the cabinet beside Riley and smiles at her, "I saw an article online"

Erin eyes the connection happening between her sister and the new detective and she raises an eyebrow at them and says, "Well, that is last on the very long list of things that we're concerned about"

Jay holds out his mug towards Erin, who looks at him and says, "Please"

Erin rolls her eyes and pours the man the coffee into his mug and Riley says, "So, Caitlin was asking about you"

"Oh yeah, tell her I say hi" Jay says, with no interest and emotion.

"So no interest on your part" Riley says, putting sugar into her coffee when Erin leaves the two alone to go to her desk.

"She's super sweet. But, my loss"

Sheldon Jin walks into the break room and asks, "Hey, have you guys seen Voight around?"

"No, why?" Riley asks.

"Nothing" Jin says, before walking away.

"You? I'm never setting you up again" Riley says, as they leave the break room.

"What? Why not?"