𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲.

⋆° დ ༄ ADDICTED
chapter twenty. chicken, dynamite, chainsaw.

Erin and Jake walk into the district when they're stopped by Platt who says, "you two, come here"

The two detectives walk over to the desk sergeant as they pass by Kim and Sean and says, "got word from headquarters. You're both up for mandatory firearms requalification. Get to the shooting range by Friday"

"Now remind me, cause I'm drawing a blank here" Jake says, as he and Erin walk to the caged door to head up to the unit, "who was it that had the most shots in the black the last time we requalified?"

"Ah, I believe the operative words here are 'last time'" Erin states.

"I got my money on you, girl" Trudy smiles. Erin nods her head and says, "okay" then she turns towards her partner, "wanna make it interesting?"

Jake smirks, putting his hand on the palm scanner and says, "what did you have in mind?"

"Least amount of shots in the black buys dinner"

"Alright you're on"

~~~

Riley sits in her car just staring out the window when there was a sudden knock at her driver's side door making her jump. Jay tilts his head to the side in confusion at her sudden jumpiness.

Riley turns her car off and gets out, locking the door behind her as they head to the district.

"You okay?" Jay asks. Riley nods her head and says, "yep"

"Here I got you a coffee and a Red Bull" Jay says, handing his partner both containers. Riley hesitantly grabs them and says, "oh, thanks"

~~~

Jay and Riley walk onto the unit to see Hank in his office with three other people and the older Lindsay asks, "what's going on in there?"

Dawson leaves the break room with a cup of coffee and says, "Commander Fischer came in with Alderman Becks and his wife, then shut the door. Now you have all the information I have"

Riley goes to sit at her desk setting the cup of coffee and the Red Bull her partner had given her on the desk and just stares at it when Erin walks over to her and whispers, "how was the doctor's appointment?"

"She gave me answers to all my worst fears"

Erin puts her hand on her older sister's shoulder and says. "It's gonna be okay, Ri. We're all gonna be here for you"