𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫.

(Warning: there will be mentions of psychical abuse in this chapter)
⋆° დ ༄ ADDICTED
chapter four. now is always temporary.

"And

"And...and so this brother comes across the yard, he's all skeezed out on crystal or something and he says...and he says, 'chicken pot pie'. Like I'm supposed to know what that is. Right?" Justin says, as he, Erin and Hank are having dinner at a restaurant, "So my boy looks at him, points back at the block and he says, 'that way'. It did not matter what this cat was on, he just doubles back to where he came from, lickety split. You know what I'm saying?" then he starts cutting into his steak.

"Hey, J, listen, I got some news. Um...I had to pull some strings, but I got you in at the CTA" Hank says. Justin looks between his pops and Erin and says, "That's where...that's where city workers send their loser relatives"

"It's a job. And it'll help you get back on your feet" Erin says, taking a bite of her food.

"You know, you sound more and more like him everyday, right?"

"You start monday" Hank says. Justin sighs and says, "Yeah, pop. Sure. And where's LeLe by the way, she's supposed to be here"

"I texted her and she said she couldn't make it" Erin tells him. Justin scoffs and says, "What? She knows how much I wanted her here. She wouldn't just not come"

Hank's phone starts ringing and he says, "Excuse me. I got to take this" then he gets up from the table and leaves. Justin folds his arms over his chest and says, "Strange how things worked out, huh?"

"How's that?" Erin asks.

"When we took you three in, you guys were the problem. And now you're the golden girls, and I'm the prodigal son. Then he took Lola in..."

"Because her dad died. Anyways, here we are, Justin. And now you have a second chance. So don't piss on it. And I don't know what's going on between you and Riley, but it needs to stop"

Justin rolls his eyes and says, "Whatever" when Hank walks back over to them.

"We gotta roll" Hank says, then pats Justin on his arm, "I'm sorry, kid"

Then the two make their way out of the restaurant.

🌟🌟🌟

After texting Erin back that she couldn't make it to dinner. Riley looks into the mirror in her apartment, that's shattered and tears staining her face. She rolls down the sleeves of her shirt, not wanting to see the bruising anymore and bandages her cut up hand from the glass.