𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

⋆° დ ༄ ADDICTED
chapter eighteen. get my cigarettes.

Riley and Erin sit at their desks, scrolling through their computers as Adam says, "All I'm saying, Jay, is you got a target on your back and you don't seem all that fazed" as he, Jay, Antonio and Al leave the break room

"Overseas my unit and I, we always had a bounty on us" Jay answers.

"Most gangs only pay 10g for a cop. If you're really worth 100,000, I should take you out myself and pay off my mortgage" Antonio jokes.

"Try it"

"Coke dealer one time put a million dollar tag on me and Voight" Al says. Jay sits at his desk and says, "what?"

"How'd you handle that?" Ruzek asks, as Riley starts to twirl the ring on her necklace around her finger, which Jay noticed.

"Well, you dust yourself. Never go home the same way twice. Run red lights and if a car follows you through one, you chamber a round and you handle business"

"Alright" Adam says, taking a bite from his spoonful of yogurt.

"This is Billy Fagen" Voight says, leaving his office and tapes a picture onto the board, "small time hood. Had ties to a local outfit. I've run into him a couple times." Then he tapes another picture right next to the other one, "this is Billy Fagen seven hours ago. Organized crime found him. Dollar bill pinned to his chest. They looked into the Serbians, cartels, coming up empty"

"We taking this from organized crime because he was your poker buddy?" Erin asks, making Riley's eyes go wide with shock. Hank ignores Erin and says, "start searching out to your CI's" then he looks at Erin, "you got a sec?" and the two go into his office.

Jay rolls his chair over to his partner and says, "hey"

Riley clears her throat and says, "hey"

"So, I uh, noticed that ring you keep playing around with" Jay says, pointing to the ring around the girl's neck. Riley quickly hides it under her shirt and says, "Yeah, what about it?"

"Is that the reason why you're so happy?"

Riley nods her head for Jay to follow her and they walk into the locker room.

"I'm only telling you this because you're my partner and my best friend"

"Okay.."