Chapter (4) The Fight

The alarm voice rang up, and woke every single fighter in the base. Julie said “Galm one, here you go, your helmet, as it seems the base is under attack”. Awacks said “Hurry up Galm one, we are going to lose the base soon”. Galm one woke up trying to figure out what’s going on, it’s hard to wake up on such news. He took the helmet and wore his clothes, and then he ran across the hanger, got into his jet, he turned the jet on and got ready for taking off.

Julie said “Ready Galm one, most of the jets got shot down, before they even take off”. Galm one replied “Time to fly and shine, Julie”. They both managed to take off by the covering fire from the base defenses on the ground, also by the brave fighters that were in the air. 45 minutes of fighting to save the base, as it seemed at that time that the reinforcements of the enemy soldiers will never run out, and the fight will never end. Surprisingly PJ didn’t show up, which made Cipher think again about the idea of PJ fighting for Belka, but the flags at the tail of the enemy jets were the same as the flag Cipher saw at PJ's jet.

Galm one as usual, survived and saved the base, but he couldn’t have done it without Julie, taking well care of his back; she saved him twice from being chased by fighter jets. Awacks said “We all can say that there is a love story growing between those two”. Julie got red shy face, and Galm one said “Shut up, we were all up there fighting and all what you did, was waking me up, spectating the battle, then end up saying a dumb joke”.

From deep inside Cipher knew that he really loves Julie, but as usual he is a serious person. After cipher landed, he took a shower and sat in his room all alone. Someone knocked on the door. Cipher said “Get in”. It was Julie, she entered wearing a beautiful red dress with a wonderful smile saying “Cipher, we are all having a party for saving the base and destroying the enemy with no damage for our pilots downstairs, and you’re the main hero in this party, so i think you would love to join us”. When Julie said “Us” she meant “Me” but she couldn’t dare to say it, she even expected cipher to accept, but his reply was a bit shocking for her. Cipher said “No, thank you Julie, i am not in the mood to party”. Julie said “What’s wrong cipher? you were excited when you were taking off, even in the sky while you were fighting, once you landed, you just isolated yourself from this world”. Cipher “Yes, indeed, but some things one should do it alone in silence, and i don’t feel like talking about it”.

Julie from deep inside wanted to show cipher that she cares much about him, she did care after all, but she didn’t want to show it so obvious, in the other hand Cipher wanted to tell her, but he felt it was not worth it, as if his feelings would control him if he did. Julie asked Cipher if she can stay for a while in his room with his company, so Cipher replied “Sure, Julie, i don’t mind some company after all”.They both stayed in the room staring at each other’s faces in silence.

It has been already three days after cipher met PJ, and he feels it just happened yesterday. Questions came to cipher's mind asking “How could he actually survive that laser, beside why is he fighting, what is he after, what is his cause of fighting, and for whom is he fighting?!” Those questions were in his mind, and he hopes that the answer and the truth will get revealed one day.