Betrayed

"Peeeeniiiiisssss" of course, it's flash. The bell rang about five minutes ago and Peter was just trying to get to the cafeteria. But noooooo of course Flash had to stop him.

"What do you want Flash, we're just trying to go to lunch." He gestured to Ned and MJ.

"Yeah I don't care Penis" his hand shot out and he punched peter in his jaw, head snapping to the side with the force. "Now, be quiet" he punched peter again and again. On his jaw and his stomach, kicking his knees so he fell.

"N-ed, MJ" his voice cracked and he hated how pathetic he sounded but it was starting to hurt.

"Try to help and I'll hurt you too" Flash threatened.

"N-ed please" he was crying now but Ned just looked away. He turned to MJ but she was tugging Ned away, they both walked away and Peters heart broke.

"See, even they don't want to be near you you pathetic piece of shit. They left just like your parents" there we go, he hit peter where it hurt. He gave up, tears stopping he was numb now. It hurt so much he couldn't feel the pain. When Flash was done he pulled himself off the floor and stumbled towards the bathroom. He passed the cafeteria on the way there and looked inside to see Ned and MJ sitting with flash and his goons. He chocked on his breath, they were the only two people who he was friends with and that was over.

When he got to the bathroom he was pleased to find it was empty, he didn't want to be ridiculed anymore. He sunk to the floor in the stall at the end and cried. Trying to slow his breathing but his friends were gone, his parents were gone, his uncle was gone. He couldn't even help pay rent, his aunt was basically gone because all she did was work, all day and graveyard shifts. When she got back she would hug him if he was awake and then go to sleep. He was completely alone, the only people he had were gone.  Betrayed, that's what he felt.

The door opened and Peter couldn't even find the energy to move. What was the point anymore, he sat on the floor and stared at the laces in his shoes.  The door to his stall opened and this time he froze. He couldn't take anything else, he was afraid he would fade away again. Go back to the soul stone. He couldn't go back there.

Hands, hands were on his shoulders. Arms, he was pulled into a pair of arms. Breathe he was told to breathe so he did. In and out he listened and eventually opened his eyes. Tony, it was tony.

"It's okay, kiddo just breathe I'm going to take you home alright?" He picked peter up and carried his out of the bathroom. Down the hall, out the doors, placed him onto the seat of a car. Then pulled back into his arms.

"Mr. Stark I-"

"Shh, we'll talk later. Just relax, calm down. I've got you" he threaded his fingers through peter hair and they they rode to the tower in silence. When they got there happy ran to get a wheel chair, Peters whole body hurt. He didn't notice it before because the mental and emotional pain clouded his nerves. He couldn't feel, but now he could. Tony began pushing him toward the elevator, "sorry kid, I'd carry you up but my arm. I could do it before but I wouldn't want to drop you" Peter forgot about Tony's arm, how could he.

"M'sorry I f'rgot"

"No no no, it's okay kiddo. I don't need you to remember" he patted peter on his shoulder. They arrived at Peters room and told him to take a shower. So he did.

When he turned the warm water off and stepped out of the shower he felt weak. The bruises on his body were very prominent and hurt with every breath. Suddenly the colors blurred together and the world spun, before he knew it his cheek was on the ground and someone was knocking on the door.

"KID ARE YOU OKAY?" Tony called.

"Y-yeah" he called back pulling himself off the floor for the second time that day. He dried off and pulled on the pair of sweats and a sweat shirt. Then the word spun again, ok he should get checked out now. But what if Tony leaves him, like everyone else. Ok no that thought is irrational and irrelevant to this specific moment.

He cleaned up the towels and opened the door, unfortunately the world spun the second he stepped out. Fortunately Tony was ready to catch him, "you are going to med bay now" he helped peter into the wheel chair and pushed him towards the towers medical floor.

When they got there Bruce was sitting, a cup of tea next to his book. He looked up at the noise of their entrance and immediately rushed over. "What's wrong?"

"Petey had a bit of an accident, I'm not sure what it was because we haven't talked yet but he nearly passed out a few minutes ago" 

"Ok I'll set him up for a neuro exam, but I have to call someone in. I'm not that kind of doctor, but for now I can treat his cuts and bruises" Bruce busied himself with finding the bruise cream and suture kit, while tony got peter situated in a bed. Bruce came back and began to work on the bruise near Peters knee. "Friday call Dr.Hoser, tell her we need a neuro exam but we have the machines for scanning here"

"Already done sir"

It took Dr.Hoser about forty minutes to get to the tower. She introduced herself to Tony and nodded to Bruce. "Hey Peter, heard you need your head examined" she started.

"Y-yeah" he was kind of nervous because he'd never met her before but she seemed nice.

"Okay can you sit up at the edge of the bed for me?" Peter did as he was asked, "thank you, now can you look straight ahead for me, I'm going to shine a light in your eyes" she did so and marked something down, out of nowhere she punched his arm, he flinched.

"Woah woah woah, what are you doing" Tony asked.

"I'm checking his nerves, they seem good" she replied taking down more notes. "Ok can you follow my finger" "do you know where you are?"

"Yes, the med bay in stark towers"

"Do you know what my name is?"

"Dr.Hoser"

"Yes, Do you know your fathers name?"

"Yes, Anthony Stark" Tony's heart grew for this kid, he had no idea peter thought of him as a father.

"Alright, stand up for me please, now Tony you stand up in the door way they both did as they were told. "Peter I want you to walk to Tony in a straight line" Peter walked, but stumbled when he got to Tony and Tony of course caught him. "Great, now I just need to take you for an MRI and a CT"

It took them about two hours for both scans, and an additional hour for them to be processed and examined. Dr.Hoser walked in with her clipboard.
"So good news, Peter doesn't have either a hemorrhage or a hematoma. There is a possibility of a concussion but no way for us to know for sure. I recommend taking a minimum of two weeks break for rest, no working or physical activity. Also limit screens to televisions rather than the small screen on a phone or laptop. Avoid reading things with small print as it may strain your vision. Other than that you will be perfectly fine, you might just have a few headaches but you can take over the counter pain meds for that, I suggest Aspirin, acetaminophen or ibuprofen. I'll be back in two weeks for a check up good bye" she smiled and left.

"Well kiddo, you know what that means?"

"What?"

"Endless lab time, but of course you won't be doing much however you can watch movies and maybe help me with suit parts?"

"Yay!" Peter smiled, the pain of the day washing away...for now.