The Shiratori Clan

The Shiratori Clan is a clan that hails from the Land of Medicine, but became a nomadic family in its later years. They were the second clan to leave the Land of Medicines after the Kodon Clan took over the Howling Wolf Village. They were natives of the Nourishing Wolf Village, neighbors of the aforementioned village. Before the Battle with Roen, the Shiratori Clan had close ties with both the Kodon and Kumanoi clans. After knowledge of the Kodon clan's release of the wolf spirit by Tenma, they cut ties with the clan and eventually, the connection with the Kumanoi clan severed.

During their nomadic years, they traveled all around the known Elemental Nations, in search of different herbs, plants, and ingredients to create more and varying medicines. They would usually travel in a small caravan, never settling in one place and they recorded their own observations, discoveries, diagnosis, and prognosis along their travels. Like many others, the Shiratori Clan was drawn to the Wave Country due to its growing trading industry.

The Shiratori Clan are highly skilled in the healing arts. They are knowledgeable about anything involving medicine and are considered to be masters of iryo ninjutsu on par with Tsunade, and the art of poison. Like their Kodon counterparts, they are able to use saigenzai, a type of drug that produces genjutsu that can create "malfunctions" in a person's vision, hearing, and semicircular canals. Most importantly, the clan are medical practitioners, open to all areas of medical study as well as knowledgeable about them. They are commonly seen as herbalists and members are rather deadly in their use of senbon and bo-shuriken.

Members of this clan have superior chakra control, making them dangerous in the area of genjutsu. They are also specialized in ninjutsu, having a common natural affinity for earth and fire. Like the Yomei clan, they can create poisonous fog that range E-rank to SS rank in fatality. They are herbalists and are specialized in science of natural medicine.

The Shiratori Clan lives on the Horoshina main island. They are pacifists and usually are a clan that stays to itself. The clan is known for it's herbal farms and gardens, and they often enjoy drinking tea. The clan also owns a holistic pharmacy in which they sell different herbs and spices as well as make cures and treatments for different ailments and illnesses. They are also Uzushiogakure's main doctors and are in charge of the Medic Corps of the village.