Part 1: The First Kiss

POV: Katie

The sweet smell of earth surrounded me. It had just rained and I was in the strawberry field helping the strawberries grow. I was a year round camper at Camp Half-Blood, but I still didn't know everyone. I did, however, know the Stolls.

The Stolls are the most annoying boys I have ever met in my life. I hate them! They have spent the last 8 years tormenting my cabin and me. This is why I wasn't surprised when Travis Stoll dumped a bucket of water on my head, absolutely drowning my strawberries.

"Travis Stoll!" I stood up quickly. Travis was already running. I caused the root of a tree to trip Travis. "You little jerk!'"

"Katie-Kat... You don't like water? I thought it would help your strawberries," Travis smirked.

"You drowned them!" I yelled at him. "They aren't supposed to get that much water, that fast, you idiot!"

"Just bring them back to life," Travis said, stupidly.

"No, I didn't drown them."

Travis rolls his eyes and crosses his arms, "Katie, you're the one who has the plant growing power."

"You're so..." I started, "so annoying!"

Travis leaned closer to my face, "Katie, that is why you like me."

My cheeks flush bright red as I look at that stupid smirk of his, "I do not like you."

"That's not what Miranda told Connor," he smirked more.

"She's lying then. Because I absolutely-" he cut me off by pressing his lips to mine. I shoved him away. "What was that?"

"That was me kissing you," Travis stated matter of factly.

"Why?" I asked. I couldn't seem to form sentences of more than about three words.

"Because I wanted to."

And with that, he walked away leaving me confused in my fields.

This is the first part of this story. I don't know how long it will be, but please enjoy this small part.

-Katie Taylor, author

(word count:291)