Part 11: The Care of Rosy

POV: Katie

I gently shut my cabin door, careful not to wake any of my siblings. I turned around to be greeted by a face. Miranda.

"Where were you?" She whisper yelled at me.

"I just went on a run this morning," I countered.

"All night?" She got me there, "Tell me the truth. Who were you with?"

I blushed, "I'll tell you if you promise not to kill them or me."

She groaned and rolled her eyes, "Fine," she said grumpily.

I motioned for her to come closer so I could whisper in her ear. When she finally obliged, I said, "Travis."

Her eyes went wide. She didn't get mad, "YES!" She said loudly, "Freaking finally!"

"Miranda!" I hissed, "Shut up! If you wake Rosy up, I swear you will have Pegasus duty for a month." That shut her up.

"Fine," She said, chuckling, "fine."

I felt a small tug on my shirt. I looked down and saw my youngest sister, Rosy.

"Hey Miranda," I smirked, "Guess what."

"What?" She looked down and saw Rosy, "Crap."

I laughed. Rosy laughed even though she had no idea what was going on.

"Why are you laughing?" Rosy finally asked.

"Mir, has Pegasus duty." I smirked again.

"Why?"

"You woke up."

"Yeah, Miranda woke me up." Rosy looked at my feet, she was still holding my hand.

Miranda frowned.

"Rosy," I asked her, "What are you doing today?"

"I'm showing my friend my garden. It looks like yours, Katie!" Rosy exclaimed happily.

"Who's your friend?" I asked her, taking her outside.

"You don't like him," Rosy said sadly.

I picked her up and booped her nose, "Well, how about we see about that, hmm?"

"Ok," Rosy said. "I told him we would meet in the dining hall this morning."

"Let's go meet him then," I smiled and took her to her meeting place.

"YAY!!" Rosy shrieked.

I laughed.

I walked to the dining hall and set Rosy down.

She ran to a boy with blondish hair and hugged him.

I recognized him. It was Travis.

"Travis! Katie brought me!" Rosy said excitedly.

"Did she now?" Travis smiled and looked over at me.

"Yeah!" Rosy hugged him. "Did you bring my breakfast?"

"I sure did!" Travis pulled out a cupcake and handed it to her.

"So that's where you get those cupcakes every morning," I crossed my arms across my chest and smiled.

Travis shrugs his shoulders and picks Rosy up.

I smiled more.

"Katie! Travis is my best friend!" She smiled and hugged Travis. Travis hugged her back.

"I didn't know you two were friends," I said and combed my fingers through Rosy's hair.

"Yeah, when Rosy first got here, she was in my cabin obviously, but we got really close," He paused, "I was really good with kids and I still am apparently." Travis smiled at Rosy. Rosy smiled back at him. This small exchange between the two of them caused me to smile.

Rosy hugged Travis around the neck again.

"So, do you have a cupcake for me?" I smiled and laughed.

"Nope. They are only for Rosy," Travis smiled and hugged Rosy. "Rosy, how's your knee doing?"

Rosy shrugged her shoulder, "It's better, I guess."

"What happened?" I asked.

"She just fell. It wasn't anything major," Travis replied. He turned his head to look at Rosy again, "Want me to look at it?" Travis asked her.

Rosy nodded. Travis set her down on a table then rolled up the leg of her pants. There was a band-aid on her knee. I watched as Travis carefully peeled the band-aid off.

"Well Rosy, it looks just fine. What do you think, Katie-Kat?" Travis asked me.

I came and knelt down beside Travis, "Travis is right." I looked Rosy in the eye, "It's just fine."

"Are you guys dating?" Rosy blurt out.

"What?" Travis and I said at the same time.

"Rosy we-" I started. Travis cut me off.

"Yes," Travis said.

"FINALLY!" Rosy yelled, extremely loudly.

"Rosy!" I said, kind of angrily.

"Katie-Kat, chill. She's five." Travis said and kissed me right in front of my little sister.

Naturally, Rosy covered her eyes. I would have done the same.

"I'm gonna go back to bed," Rosy said, rubbing her eyes, "Bye." She walked in the general direction of our cabin. I smiled.

"Well, What do you want to do?" Travis asked me.

"I have no idea," I replied.

"Let's go sit in the fields," Travis suggested.

How did you guys like that one? I really liked it.

-Katie Taylor, Author

(Word Count:  749)