Part 2: The Smirk

POV: Travis

I had kissed her. I don't know why but I did. I manage to convince myself it was to get her to shut up. I really don't think I should have kissed her, but here I am!

You're an idiot. I think. She won't like you the way you like her. You've pranked her relentlessly. She hates you.

Why do I have to think about such depressing things?

Why do I have to do stupid things? Like kiss Katie Gardner. Now that, was a new level of stupid.

You know what! I'm just going to go talk to Katie about it. She needs to know how I feel about her.

I hate her.

No. I really like her.

It's her who hates me...

I'm a screw-up. Why would a girl like her ever even think to date a stupid, screw up of a guy like me?

I let out a long sigh. I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn to see Alliana Williams. She's the daughter of Nike. She crazy popular. And hot. Really hot. Since I will never get Katie to date, Alliana wouldn't be bad. Though she's just a filler until I find someone else.

"Hey!" I try to sound excited to see her. "I was just thinking about you."

I see a small blush fill her cheeks. "Yeah?" She bites her lip.

"Yeah. And how I want to ask you out." I smirk. But not my mischievous smirk. My super hot smirk. "So, Alliana? Want to go out with me?"

A small smile slowly grew into a huge one on her face as she answered, "I've honestly been waiting for an insanely long time for you to ask me!"

I grin. Even though she really isn't the one I want to date, she'll be fine for a few weeks until we get tired of each other. "Can I kiss you?"

Before she answers, her lips crash onto mine. I don't really feel anything special about the kiss, but I smile anyway. Just to make her happy.

"I guess that was a yes," I laughed. My laughing caused Alliana to laugh.

"Yeah. It was," she smiles and bites her lip again.

I press my lips against hers again. That's when I hear running and a flash of long brown hair whip past. Katie. She saw me kiss Alliana. Crap.

Alliana notices Katie runoff. She and Katie are really good friends somehow.

"Katie?" Alliana calls after her. "Katie! Wait!" Alliana starts walking away from me. "I'm sorry, Travis. I need to talk to her." She takes off after Katie

Gods, I feel like garbage.

That was fun to write. Thanks for reading!

-Katie Taylor, Author

(Word count: 418)