Part 26: 5 Years Later

POV: Travis

It's been five years since Katie died. I got over her death better than anyone could have thought. Including me. Although, she was what made my life magical. But, I am living at Camp Half Blood. I'm the Sword master. I do it in my spare time. I'm doing college online. 

I like to think that Katie would be proud of me. Connor got married. He married Amaya Lighton, a daughter of Athena. Miranda married a son of Ares named Cole Williams. The two of them are very happy.

I was lost in thought when a student of mine, Anthony Phillips (Son of Apollo), burst into my room in the Big House. 

"Travis," Anthony panted, "there's a girl. She looks like Katie. She says her name is Katie Gardener." That got my attention. I stood quickly.

"How old is she?" I questioned.

"Four. Your dad brought her. He says her mom died in childbirth and that he has been taking care of her since she was born. He brought her here because Olympus isn't the place for a four year old. He thinks you need her," Anthony concluded.

We walked to the dining pavilion. There stood my dad, holding a small child. She had soft brown hair and bright, green eyes. Katie.

"Dad?" I aksed, "What is this?"

"This is your sister, Katie." My father responded. "I was hoping you could take care of her?"

I looked at Katie, "Yes. I can."

Hermes started to hand me Katie so I could hold her, but she just kept holding onto our father. 

"Katie-katie," I choked back tears as I said the nickname I so often used for my girlfriend, "It's ok. I'm Travis, your brother. I'm here to take care of you. Everything will be just fine." Katie relaxed into my arms.

"Travis," my dad said, "I know this is hard. But, I love you, and all your siblings." Then my father was gone.

I looked at the infant in my arms. She was already falling asleep. I kissed her head with tears nearly streaming down my face. 

"I'm taking her to my room," I stated. "She can stay with me."

I walked away. I could already tell that my new sister, who looked identical to my late girlfriend, would be the one to change my life. Just like my Katie-kat.

Sooooo sorry folks. JK!! I'm not. I like to see you guys suffer.

-Katie Taylor, Author

(Word Count: 380)