Part 10: The Wake Up

POV: Travis

I woke up with my arm draped around the small frame of a girl. Dark brown hair that smelled like strawberries was in my hair. I smiled.

Katie Gardner was asleep in my arms. I felt a whisper in my ear. It was not Katie. Her face was in my chest. Connor.

"Dude..." Connor whispered, "leave your girlfriend, we gotta go prank your real crush."

I rolled so Connor could see Katie was asleep next to me. His eyes widened.

"So that's who that is..." Connor said quietly.

I nod, careful not to wake Katie. She rolls a bit in my arms.

"Wait till her siblings hear about this!" Connor whispered yelled. He started to run but I grabbed his arm.

"No," I said firmly, "not your place."

"What about our siblings?" Connor asked.

"I'll figure that out," I said rolling back over, "but if you so much as say a word," I threatened, "nothing will end well for you."

Connor walked out, leaving me with a sleeping Katie in my arms. I smiled and brushed hair out of her face. I scanned her face. She had beautiful freckles and pink lips. She had long eyelashes and perfectly shaped eyebrows. Her gorgeous green eyes met mine.

Wait a minute... Her eyes were open. She laughed.

"How much did you hear?" I asked, cringing.

"I think all of it," she blushed.

I blushed in response to her, "So um... Connor?"

"I don't know," she said, "but Travis, we don't have to keep up a secret."

"Are you sure? Katie it's fine if you don't want to tell anyone yet."

"Travis," she laughed, "it's ok. Everyone is going to find out eventually. So it doesn't matter."

"To you it does," I say, putting my hand on her face.

"I promise it's ok," she says, gently kissing me.

I smiled and kissed her back, "do you happen to know what time it is?"

She looked at her wrist, which did not have a watch on it, then looked back at me, "nope."

I laughed, "I think it's probably about 6. So, let get you back to your cabin."

She pouted. I copied her face. She smiled, "fine."

I got out of bed, after she pushed me out, and started getting dressed. Katie just sat there. She closed her eyes so I could change my underwear. She opened them when I told her she could.

I was wearing jeans, a long sleeve camp t-shirt, gray converse, and a blue sweatshirt. I combed my hair then walked over to Katie.

I took her hair out of her ponytail and started brushing it, being careful when I brushed out her tangles.

She just sat there. We didn't talk. But the silence wasn't awkward. It was nice. I braided Katie's hair, then walked her to her cabin.

"See you later," she said after kissing my cheek.

"Bye..." I said as she closed the door. I quietly walked back to my cabin, smiling the whole way there.

Did. Anyone else think that was cute? Because I sure did!

-Katie Taylor, Author

(Word Count: 502)