Part 20: The Invite

POV: Katie

I was healed! Travis and I walked out of the infirmary together. He stopped in the middle of camp and faced me.

"What?" I asked him, curiously.

He took a deep breath, "Please don't kill me," Travis said quietly, "ATTENTION EVERYONE!" He yelled.

"Travis..." I said quietly.

People stopped to look at Travis. They ignored me.

Before he spoke again, Travis got up and stood on a bench, "This is Katie Gardner, the head counselor of the Demeter cabin," Travis stopped and look at me. He must have seen my face because his smile dropped, his real smile, then he continued, "and she is all better!" He put on a fake smile for the crowd.

I got up next to him. I almost fell, but Travis caught me. Then, I kissed him. He must have been surprised, because it took him a second to figure out I was kissing him in front of all these people. But eventually, he kissed me back.

I pulled away first. Travis smiles at me, "And the two of us," I said as I looked at Travis, "are dating!"

There were cheers from a lot of people. There were also boos. But, in Camp Half Blood fashion, we were picked up and everyone carried us somewhere.

They were taking us to the lake, to throw us in.

"Travis!" I yelled. He grabbed my hand. There wasn't much we could do now.

I felt a falling sensation, then cold. I felt Travis wrap his arms around me as we hit the water. We surfaced. Travis was a strong swimmer. I couldn't really swim. I didn't like it.

The two of us got out of the water. I was freezing. My teeth were chattering and I was shaking.

"Lets get you some warm clothes, or just dry clothes," Travis chuckled.

I nodded, "Yeah. You too."

Travis chuckled, "Hey, would you mind going to a party with me tonight at 7?"

"Travis...." I complained, "You know how I feel about your parties...."

"Kates....just one?" He begged, "Please?"

I groaned, "Fine," I agreed, "Just one."

Travis grinned. He kissed my cheek the squeezes my hand, "I'll pick you up at 6:45, ok?"

I nodded again, "Yeah."

Then, we split ways. I went to my cabin. And Travis went to his.

Thank you for reading!! Just so everyone know... this story is almost to 1k reads!!! That is huge for me!! So thank you everyone!!

-Katie Taylor, Author

(Word Count:385)