Part 19: The Healing

POV: Travis

Apollo looked at Katie, "I think I may be able to." Apollo smiled.

"Really?!" Katie started to sit up, excited about what may happen.

"Kates...stay laying down," I gently pushed her into a laying position again.

"For sure! I'm a god after all!" Apollo exclaimed. Katie blushed.

I made a disgusted face at her. This made her blush harder.

"Ok. Travis, right?" I nodded, "Can you lift her shirt up so I can see the wound?" I nodded again.

I walked up to Katie and smiled awkwardly at her. I gently lifted her shirt.

"Will," Apollo examined the wound on Katie's stomach, "There's something in there. A piece of the sword."

"We've got to remove it," Will said.

Apollo nodded, "The thing is, we can't put her under anesthesia. We just have to numb the hades out of it."

"Why?" Katie asked.

"If you go under," Apollo looked at the ground, "you may not come back out."

"Oh...." Katie looked down.

"So," Apollo looked at his son, "you ready to do this?"

Will nodded. He ran to the back. He came back a few minutes later with a tray of stuff. "Travis hold her hand and block the view."

I nodded. I sat on the side of her bed and leaned over her so my body was blocking her view to her stomach.

"You ready?" Will shouted to Katie.

"Yeah..." her voice shook.

"Numbing it..." Will said. Katie winced as the felt the needle poke her stomach a few times.

After a few minutes, Will started prodding her stomach.

"Can you feel this?" He asked.

"No," Katie answered.

"What about this?"

"Nope?"

This continued for about an hour. I just sat there confused the entire time.

"And we are done!" Apollo finally announced.

"Wait, what?" Katie questioned.

"Yeah. All that 'can you feel this' stuff was us taking out the shrapnel. Then we healed you," Will concluded.

"So I'm fine now?" Katie asked again.

"Yep! Just take it easy for a bit," Apollo instructed, "it may be kind of sore, but it's nothing to worry about."

Katie nodded, "Can I get up then?"

"You sure can!" Will said happily.

I gently sat up so Katie could sit up. So she did.

I helped her stand (even though she didn't really need my help). And together we walked out the door!

It's kind of short. But it is ok!

-Katie Taylor, Author

(Word Count:394)