28. Tease Me Not

Scarlet

"Can I talk to Helena?" I asked the man who picked up her phone.

"She is busy in a meeting. You can tell me what you want to say to her." he replied.

"Oh. It's okay. I will call later." I said and cut the call.

I was struck in a dilemma. Evan had asked me to shop for some new clothes because perhaps, my old clothes weren't very fashionable or decent. Now, I have never been someone fond of shopping and I have no idea what to pack for a vacation. I thought Helena could help me but her secretary told me that she was in the middle of a meeting.

"Why do you look so stressed?" I heard Nate's voice. I angled my neck to find him enter the lounge. It was still 6 which meant he was back early from his work.

"Nothing. I just don't have any shopping buddy to give me any good advice during shopping." I sighed defeatedly. I could have asked Liam but I know he dislikes shopping just as much as me.

"Oh, just that. I'll go to shopping with you." he offered.

"You? What do you know about women's shopping?" I laughed it off. I needed someone expert in buying clothes for a company's owner's wife.

"Well, for starters, I had a sister who loved shopping and always asked me to accompany her. So yeah, I pretty much know everything." he smirked and his light blue eyes shone with amusement.

I chuckled at this and then sighed, "Okay." He was my only shot at finding some good clothes now and I didn't need to lose him as well.

...........

Instead of taking me to the mall, he took me to a certain area of town where boutiques of famous designers were located. My stomach churned as I imagined the prices of each dress in these lavish shops. I wanted to hesitate and request him to take me to a mall where there were some thrifty stores but refrained.

"Okay so for casual dresses to wear on your vacation, we will go to this one," he said and entered through the first door on our left. The particular scent of expensive clothes hit me when I stepped my foot through the doorframe.

"This place looks expensive." I whispered to him.

"Do you have Evan's credit card?" he asked and I nodded. "Then don't worry, your husband earns enough to make a dress covered with diamonds for you." he said and my mouth fell open in surprise. I knew Evan was rich but didn't know that he was this much rich.

"So which one should I buy?" I looked around. There were many casual outfits of almost every length possible, with different floral and geometric patterns and in refreshing colors. Making a choice was always the hardest part of shopping for me.

"Okay, so you're going for 4 days. You'll meet his business partners almost daily so you need four new outfits." he said and moved forwards. "You have to buy one jumpsuit, one knee-length dress, one maxi dress and one blouse.

"Okay," I nodded in understanding and looked around. A woman came to help me find perfect clothes would be that would suit my hair color and complexion.

I ended up buying a pink knee-length chiffon dress, a casual floral maxi, a light blue jumpsuit and a red satin blouse.

"Now we need an evening dress in case there is any party." he said and took me to another shop located after some distance. While the last one had more casual clothes, this one had formal gowns and dresses. After quite some searching, I finally found a black evening dress that looked both elegant and charming.

Then we left towards an accessories shop to buy some footwear and a purse for myself. I felt so bad for spending Evan's money but then I reminded myself how he was insisting earlier. Of course, my dressing impacts his reputation and if I wear anything ragged in front of his clients, it would look bad on him.