31. Too Good To Be True

Scarlet

As Evan slowly pulled off his shirt, my throat suddenly dried up. This was the first time I was seeing him without his shirt and to say that he was handsome would be an understatement.

His tan, ripped body glistened under the sunlight. His abs stood out the most and made me wonder when does he work out. He wasn't overly muscular like those boxers or wrestlers, just the perfect amount of lean ruggedness to make him look like a Greek God.

"Old you say?" he said, breaking my chain of thoughts and that's when he shifted in front of me to pick up the ball. He dribbled it up and down in quick speed and I just watched him cautiously.

I had never played it before so I was just doing it for fun but he looked like he could play it well. It reminded me of when he told me he used to play sports in college. And here I was, the ultimate potato, challenging him.

I tried to take the ball out of his hand but he was constantly bouncing it up and down, all the while flashing me a stupid smirk, as if making fun of me. Every time I extended my arm, he would slightly tilt towards the other direction to protect the ball from me. It took him few seconds to score his first basket and he jumped upwards to catch the ball once again.

"Ugh, give it to me." I whined when I failed to take the ball from him.

"Whine harder. I can't hear you over the sound of victory." he said and I groaned. And then, with a swift motion, he scored another basket.

"When you are old enough to play with me, we will talk." he grinned at me, stretching his arm over his head. His muscles rippled with every motion and I had to gulp harder to swallow the ball of nerves down my throat.

"It's not fair, I am a girl." I said and crossed my arms in front of my chest. My actions urged him to move his eyes lower to my bosoms. "We tend to be shorter."

"Excuses, excuses." he smirked again, lifting his gaze from my chest once again.

"Go to hell," I shouted in embarrassment as I stomped towards the folding wooden chair. I lay down on it and closed my eyes, resting my arm over my eyes.

I could feel his eyes on me and it made me self-conscious of being in a swimwear. But I didn't want to show him his effect on me so I kept my face confident, as if his attentive gaze on me didn't affect me at all.

My thoughts moved to last night when he had placed small kisses on my jaw. I hated how once again, I let him come near me the way he wants. It was bad for my self-respect and I hated myself for it but I couldn't stop. His touch was too tempting to leave.

"I didn't know you are a sore loser." I heard his voice from a distance.

"You are a loser." I yelled back, still with eyes closed.

The sound of another deep chuckle reverberated through my body and I clenched my eyes harder. He was making feel different things and I wasn't ready for this. So when I finally heard the sound of door, I let out a sigh.

.........

When I opened my eyes, the sun had already started to set which meant I was sleeping for last two hours. The reddish hue of the drowning sun was decorating the sky. The contrast of it with the blue waves of water was too beautiful to be real.

Stretching my limbs, I stood up and wore a poncho over my bikini. I slowly made my way back to the house and the tentalising aroma of something on the stove pulled me to the kitchen.

My eyes widened when I saw Evan cooking something. It was the first time I saw him cook anything and the scene was a sight to behold. He looked so focused and calculating, as if it was another one of his projects.