2: The Chase

Disclaimer: Do not own anything from Harry Potter, all credit goes to J.K. Rowling. I  own my two characters Marley and Clarissa. Enjoy.

Chapter 2: The Chase

I looked inside the box to see several of things, and there was a beautiful yet simple locket staring right at me. It's intricate designs captured me instantly, it was a beautiful metallic gold, one of the older lockets made. There were some sort of flowery desigon on the locket. Before I looked at anything else, I picked up the locket, and slowly opened it, revealing my mother and

            There were photos, some of places I didn't even know, then I saw a photo of Arthur Weasley, I remember my mother showing a picture of him once. I never saw what my mother saw in Arthur Weasley, you'd think my mother would like a very handsome, well built man for what she looked like, but no. She loved Arthur Weasley, a some what chubby older man, with flaming red hair and dark blue eyes. His face aged with time, and from the photo he didn't look that tall. 

          My mother had told me she loved Arthur for his personality and kindness. She said the minute he became her best friend was the minute she fell in love with him. I smiled at the picture, this man, my mother held a very special place in her heart for this man. I quickly tucked the photo in my pocket as I grabbed an envelope addressed to me. I could already tell it was my mother's handwriting. I quickly opened it, and started to read the last letter my mother wrote to me.

Marley,

          If you're reading this, it must mean I am no longer with you and you're in trouble. He must have found you. I'm sorry then for leaving you. I wish I could be with you right now. There is a place you can go, you may be shocked to hear this, but it is the Burrow. Arthur Weasley's house, he lives with his wife and two sons, the last time I heard, which was a long time ago.

          Honey, he is kind and sweet, he will take you in, even if you are Voldemort's daughter. He promised me one day while in the office that we'd be best friends forever and that he'd help me with anything. That's when he was younger, and naïve of how dangerous the world actually is. I'm sure he has gotten more mature, and he will help you darling. Attached to this letter is a photo of the burrow and an address, if you need it. Who knows maybe you're with someone who could just apparate there.

          Darling, I am so sorry you are in this situation. Once you get to the Burrow, explain to Arthur what's happened, and show him this letter. Whatever you do, take this letter. This is proof that I wrote this, he'll recognize my writing, if not you. I love you forever and always. And tell Arthur, I've always loved him, and that I'm sorry I never told him what happened after I disappeared, I didn't want to get him involved, but with your life at stake honey, I have no other choice. Be careful.

Mom

Tears splattered the paper, I had finally cracked. I couldn't hold back anymore, she had left me this, and knew something might happen, she was prepared. This piece of paper still smelt like her, her always constant rose scent she had. I cried once more letting my emotions spill out of me; I had to get it all out now before Clary could see me. And with that I put the letter in my pocket, taking off the clipped photo of the Burrow.

"I love you too mom. And I will escape with Clary." I said to myself as I looked at the photo and looked on the back of the photo seeing the address. I wouldn't need the address; I grabbed the last photo of her and I playing the piano and stuffed them in my pocket. I quickly placed the locket around my neck, securing it tightly. I then closed the box and pushed it aside, closing up my backpack and placing it on the floor in the living room. "Clary are you ready? We're leaving!" I called out to her as I grabbed a few snack from the kitchen, just in case we might get hungry. There was no reply. "Clary?" I asked again, still nothing. I started to walk towards her room. "Clary you need to answer me when I call you." I said pushing open her door to see Clary, in the arms of a strange man with a mask, a Death Eaters mask. "Clary!" I yelled in shock on how the man managed to get in here without me noticing.