19: Awkward Relationship Status

Disclaimer: i do not own any of the harry potter characters.

Chapter 19: Awkward Relationship Status

            A whole entire week had passed since that incident happened, and nothing really special has happened between Fred and me. But that was probably my fault, since I would purposely avoid Fred whenever I saw him, which was really hard since we lived in the same house. And you're probably wondering why I was avoiding him, I mean he loved me and I loved him, and we kissed, but that was the thing, I felt overwhelmingly embarrassed about it, because I've never been good with boys, and the last time I had a boyfriend I had Clary. I guess I was just embarrassed because I really love Fred, and it just seemed that whenever I thought of him or saw him, I would well imagine us kissing, which was so embarrassing! I'm sure Fred didn't think this way; he was probably just thinking that I was a horrible person, kissing him and then hiding from him.

But I was just too embarrassed to face him; I mean we weren't technically boyfriend and girlfriend, so maybe it was too fast? But he kissed me first, I just told him to do it. I groaned in frustration in my pillow, why was it so difficult for me?! When I was in school all the girls I knew were ecstatic and always happy when they kissed the guys they like, but I on the other hand just had to think too much in these kinds of things... I heard the door open as I immediately dove under the bed, too afraid to face Fred if it was him, when the person walked in I recognized the voice.

"Marley? Where are you? I know you're in here, I heard your groan." I heard Ginny's voice call out as I breathed a sigh of relief and crawled out from under the bed, she raised her eyebrows.

"Oh hi Ginny, I didn't know you were there, see I umm dropped something under the bed so yeah..." I said trailing off as Ginny just rolled her eyes.

"Sure. Now Marley are you by any chance going to tell me why you have been avoiding from Fred all this week? Even Aunt Muriel has noticed." She said as she looked at me, she then came and sat down next to me on the bed.

"I don't know. I'm just embarrassed! It's just every time I see him, I just feel like I have to hide..." I groaned as Ginny rolled her eyes.

"You are such a strange girl Marley. You know most girls would be ecstatic if the guy they liked kissed them, or even liked them back. And you have both." She said with a grin, yes I told Ginny all that's happen and she practically had a fit. She said pretty soon Fred and I wouldn't have to pretend to be engaged, which was preposterous!

"I know..." I sighed. "I think too much into this stuff, I just feel embarrassed, I'm not good with boys like you Ginny." I replied looking at her. As she just sighed.

"Look you'll have to face him sometime and you know Fred probably wants to talk to you as well since you've been avoiding him, you're probably not giving him the best impression. Oh and mum wants you to eat dinner with us, she doesn't like the fact that you haven't ate dinner with us, she thinks you're mad at her as well." Ginny replied as my eyes widened in horror.

"But I'm not mad at anybody! I'm just... embarrassed and confused... I mean what if Fred doesn't want to be boyfriend and girlfriend and just wants to be friends... who kiss?" I asked as my eyes widened in horror, no, he couldn't want that, that's what the last guy wants and we all know where that led. "I can't let that happen! I don't want Fred to get hurt or be sad or mad!" I said in horror as Ginny began to laugh. "What's so funny?" I asked curiously.

"You are. I thought you were going to say I don't want Fred snogging me and freak out because of what he might do to you, but no of course you're the complete opposite. You get freaked out because your afraid YOU might hurt him or that you might disappoint him." she said with a smile as I blushed.