16: The Wedding {Part 2}

Disclaimer: i do not own any of the harry potter characters.

Chapter 16: The Wedding {Part 2}

            "Ladies and Gentlemen!" the tufty wizard called breaking my thought process, as I smiled at the new thing I had just discovered. "If you would please stand up!" he called out as everyone stood up from their chairs, as I noticed Fred was still holding my hand. The seats rose gracefully into the air as the canvas walls of the marquee vanished, so that they stood beneath a canopy supported by golden poles, with a beautiful view of the sunlit Orchard and surrounding countryside. Then a pool of molten gold spread from the center of the tent to form a gleaming dance floor, the chairs grouped themselves around small white clothed tables, and the golden jacket band trooped over towards a podium. I looked to see a microphone appear at the center of the podium, where I would no doubt have to sing in a few minutes. The waiters then popped up on all sides, some bearing silver trays of drinks, sandwiches, and small pastries.

"Well I better get up there, I'm suppose to sing when the bride and groom take their first dance." I said looking at the rest.

"You're going to be wonderful!" Hermione exclaimed looking at me as I smiled.

"Thanks. Well umm Fred, I'm going to need my hand." I said looking at Fred; he then took notice that he had my hand as he smirked.

"Do you really now? I can go up there and sing with you." He said with a smile as I grinned.

"If only. Well make sure to save me a dance Fred." I said looking up at him as he only smiled, he then let go of my hand, as I felt the warmth leave me. I almost took his hand again, but I stopped myself as I turned around and headed to the podium, feeling my face heat up. I then headed up the podium as I stood in front of the podium as everyone was conversing amongst each other, I breathed once and spoke into the mic. They had to specifically go and get a microphone from the muggle world, because they couldn't as well do what they do for wizards with their wands. "Umm hello everyone." I said as everyone turned to look at me, everyone was mostly in their seats but a lot of people were either standing around the food or around the bride and groom. "Hi, I'm Marley Evans, a friend of the bride and groom. First off I just want to congratulate Fleur and Bill, I have a feeling you two will have a wonderful and beautiful life together as a married couple. I wish you the best." I said as I looked down at them as they smiled. "Well I guess you can call this my gift for them, I would like to sing a song for them for their wedding, that I'm sure they both feel about each other. I would also like to dedicate this song to one of my closest friends. Now if the bride and groom would step onto the dance floor for their first dance together as husband and wife, if you will." I said as everyone moved away from the dance floor as Fleur and Bill took their places.

I turned and nodded towards the band, as I started to hear the music play and then I began to sing as my eyes met Fred's, giving me the courage.

There's a song that inside of my soul

It's the one that I've tried to write over and over again

I'm awake in the infinite cold, but you sing to me over

And over and over again

So I lay my head back down

And I lift my hands and pray to be only yours

I pray to be only yours

I know now you're my only hope

Sing to me the song of the stars

Of your galaxy dancing and laughing and laughing again

When it feels like my dreams are

So far, sing to me of the plans that you have for me over again