26: Yes

Disclaimer: I do not any of the Harry POtter characters, all rights belong to J.K. Rowling.

Chapter 26: Yes

            I stared at the ring and Fred again. This was a dream right? My eyes were wide, Fred, Fred Weasley was asking me to marry him??! "F-Fred... You're joking right?" I asked not really sure what else to say, I mean this was defiantly not what I was expecting when we came out here. I looked up at Fred tears trying to penetrate my eyes, how could he ask me this? "Fred if this is you teasing it's not funny..."

"It's not a joke love." Fred said seriously as he looked down at me. "This is what my Christmas present to you is, but it is your choice whether you accept it or not. I, Fred Weasley, am asking you, Marley Riddle to marry me."

I looked up at Fred, to see if I could find any funny manner in him at all, but there was nothing. He was serious about this! I looked back down at the ring, feeling the tears penetrate my vision, I wanted this, I dreamed about this. Yet, I was hesitating, yet my brain was telling me that I have to say no, every logic sense in my body was saying that I couldn't accept this that it would be a mistake, I would only put Fred in more danger. But I could feel the one part of my body yelling at me, telling me to say yes, to jump into Fred's arms, say yes, and kiss him over and over again... Why was I letting my brain win?

"Fred... I.... We...." I was trying to say something, but I couldn't think of what I was going to say, I looked up at Fred seeing his intense gaze on me. My mouth formed into a yes, but then an image of my father popped into my head. I let the tears spill. "We... can't do this..." I said trailing off. "If you marry me there will only be more danger.... I mean we can't possibly be a family, can we Fred? You, me and Clary?" I asked looking up at him with tears running down my cheeks.

"Yes we can!" he yelled starling me in the process. "Marley, how many times do I have to tell you, that I don't care if I'm in danger when I'm with you! I don't care! I love you! I love Clary! And I want to start this family on how it is suppose to be!" he yelled looking at me.

"Fred you don't understand! I want this! I really do!" I yelled back feeling suddenly angry at Fred; did he think that he was the only one that wanted this? "You have no idea how much I wanted and dreamed about this..." I said quietly as I looked at the ground as the tears fell to the snow covered ground.

I felt Fred place his hands on my shoulders, as I looked up at him to see Fred was crying. Not as much as I was, but I could see tears sparkle on his cheeks as he looked down at me. "Then quite being selfish Marley, and say yes. Why can't you just let your heart win for once?" he said soothingly as he caressed my face. Why was this so hard? I wanted to say yes, every bone in my body was saying yes, but my brain kept on saying no, and giving out all the reasons why.

"Fred.... I don't know what I'd do if anything were to happen to you because of this decision you're making..." I replied trailing off as I looked up at Fred. "You could be making a terrible mistake."

"Marley. This is not a mistake, if anything it is a blessing. Meeting you has brought nothing but wonderful happiness in my life." Fred replied as a smirk appeared on his face. "Boy does that sound cliché?" he asked with a smirk as I smiled.

"Very, but I think this whole thing is very cliché..." I said with a light smile, I looked at the ring on my finger once again. "Can we seriously be a family?"

Fred smiled down at me. "We already are."

I smiled as I knew what my answer was, but then again I always knew what my answer was. "Fred Weasley, I will not marry you." I said very seriously as I saw Fred's face drop. "Just kidding." I said happily with a cheeky smile, as Fred smirked at me.