14: The Ministers Visit

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Harry POtter characters all rights belong to J.K. Rowling.

Chapter 14: The Ministers Visit

            The day went on as it seemed like nothing had happened between Fred and I in the kitchen. He made it seem like it never happened, which I mean I couldn't blame him, but it still was almost something for me... Maybe he realized that what he was about to do was wrong... I tried to act normal around Fred but it just seemed like whenever I saw him I would blush.

So Charlie Weasley's arrival came sort of as a relief, because it was pretty funny when Mrs. Weasley forced Charlie into a chair, raising her wand threateningly and announce that he was about to get a proper haircut. It was rather entertaining, it was also nice meeting another member of the family, he was a very nice man and looked liked the rest of his brothers really, long flaming red hair, but he had brown eyes like his mother.

For the birthday dinner we would be having it outside, because we had already so many people in the house, and not all the guests had arrived yet. Several tables were placed end to end in the garden, while Fred and George bewitched a number of purple lanterns, all emblazoned with a large number 17 and a large number 4. They hung in the midair over the guests. Finally after Mrs. Weasley always cleaning the wound, George's wound was neat and clean, though it would get use to the small hole in the side of his head, even if Fred and George joked about it.

There wasn't much I could do since everyone else was using their wands or magic to put up the decorations so I just decided to finished up the icing on the two cakes, while everyone else was doing things outside. I then heard Fred and George come in as they noticed me all on my lonesome in the kitchen, since Clary was with Gabriella; they had become pretty good friends, despite the age gap.

"Mum is coming to get the cakes" George said looking down at me as I saw them both smirk.

"Marley you always seem to get something on your face." Fred responded as he wiped off the icing from my face, my face turned red once again.

"Oh now you made Miss Riddle blush." George responded as I blushed again.

"Yeah she does that." Fred grinned.

"O-Only when people touch my face." I said trying to get the subject off of me. "Anyways where's Mrs. Weasley?" I asked looking around the twins to finally see Mrs. Weasley coming in through the backdoor. "Phew... Saved." I said lightly as the twins raised their eyebrows at me.

"Aw love you don't like us?" Fred asked as he gave me that cute look. I rolled my eyes.

"She wants us gone..." George said sighing. I smiled.

"You both are evil twins." I said with a smile as they grinned.

"We know." They said in unison.

"Ah Fred, George there you are. I need you two to go wait by the gate for our guests." She said as they both nodded and looked at me giving me a grin.

"Don't get any more frosting on yourself." Fred said as he winked at me, and I blushed. They turned and left out the front door while Mrs. Weasley came over to me and helped decorate the cakes.

"So Marley, I see you and Fred are getting along well." Mrs. Weasley responded, I soon felt myself blush dark red.

"Y-Yeah. I get along with both of the twins well." I responded trying to sound calm.

"Dear I am not blind. I know when someone likes someone. Now when are you going to join our family for real?" she asked looking at me as I blushed.