25: Merry Christmas

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the harry potter characters. All rights belong to J.K. Rowling, Marley and Clary are my characters.

Chapter 25: Merry Christmas 

            "Merry Christmas mommy!" Clary yelled in my face as I had just woken up, startled by the surprise attack I had fallen off the bed and was currently tangled up in the blankets on the floor. "Uh oh, mommy you fell." Clary said as I saw her smile from the bed.

"I've realized that sweetie, do you think you could help mommy?" I asked as Clary grinned and helped me get untangled from the blankets. Once I was fully untangled on the floor I noticed Clary had something in her hands, a small red box with a gold bow wrapped around it. I looked at my daughter curiously. "Clary? What is this?" I asked as she handed the box to me.

"Merry Christmas mommy." She said once more as I looked at my little girl and then back at the box. "Open it!" she exclaimed as I hesitated for a second, then I ripped apart the wrapping paper, and soon it was nothing left but a brown box. It wasn't like a jewelry box just a medium sized brown box. I opened the top of it as I took out the object that was located inside the box. I took it out to reveal an exact same replica of the snowman Clary and I made outside, except this one was smaller, no larger than my palm, I also noticed that his stick arm was waving up at me. He felt exactly like snow, there was nothing plastic about this figurine in my hand; it was made of snow, even the sticks and clothing on him felt real. My eyes widened as I looked from the small figurine in my hand to my little daughter sitting in front of me. "Do you like it?" she asked with a huge grin.

"Honey... how did you...?" I asked trailing off not really sure how to put it.

"Freddie, Georgie and Charlie helped me!" she said as I looked at her smiling face. "We went outside weally early this morning and made another snowman like the one me and mommy made yesterday! Then they helped me made him smaller, and he can wave at mommy with magic!" Clary exclaimed with enthusiasm as she grinned up at me. "Oh and they also put this cool spell so that Harry never melts!"

"Harry?" I asked curiously.

"Yeah that's his name! Freddie and Georgie came up with it! They said that it would replace the doll you had, I didn't weally understand but I liked the name!" She exclaimed totally clueless of the obvious thing Fred and George did, I looked at the bottom of the little snowman, to see 'Harry" engraved there. Besides the name of the little snowman, this gift meant everything to me. I looked up to look at Clary feeling the tears running down my cheeks; Clary blinked a couple times as she looked at me. "Mommy are you okay?" she asked as I heard concern in her tone.

"I-I'm fine sweetie." I said trying to stop crying, but I couldn't. Clary, my own four year old daughter had gotten me a Christmas present, a very special Christmas present, and I had gotten her nothing. I pulled her into a hug as I let the tears flow. "I'm sorry I didn't get you anything honey... I'm a bad mother... Your gift is beautiful," I said as I looked down at her sweet face, pushing back a few stray hairs from her face. "Thank you so much for a wonderful Christmas present." I finished as I kissed her forehead.

"Mommy I'm just glad you're my mommy." Clary yelled as I saw her burst into tears and then she glomped me into a hug as she cried. I smiled as I patted her head.

"So am I." I said lightly looking down at my little girl.  I was indeed a lucky mother to have Clary as my daughter.

After Clary's and I's little moment, I finally decided to get dress and go out into the sitting room to say Merry Christmas to everyone else. I placed my little Harry Snowman on the dresser as he smiled and waved goodbye at us once we walked out the door. WE walked in the sitting room to see everyone gathered around in the sitting room, there was a huge Christmas tree in the middle of the room as it sparkled with lights and ornaments with the fresh scent of pine filled the room. Everyone looked so happy in the room; there was not one frown even with what was going on, everyone looked so joyful. I looked to see Fred sitting on my of the chairs as he was sitting next to Charlie and George, he seemed to be laughing about something. My eyes softened as I looked at Fred, he was wearing a maroon colored sweater with the letter F sewed into the shirt. Who would have guessed that Fred and I would be together? After all that's happened, it seems like Fred being with me is almost like a dream, like it is not real. I pinched myself as I felt the slightly sting in my arm, and I smiled. This wasn't a dream.